When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm really glad that posting on here is making you feel better. I find that even just writing things down helps me get things into perspective.
    Most days I make 2 meals - one for C and I and one for my son because he eats at different at a different time from us because of work and there are some things he doesn't like (fish and sausages - how can anyone not like sausages?). He's getting better though and he's not really difficult to please. He'd quite happily live on spag bol every day.
    You keep on going. You are doing so well.
    Hope you have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • hi Hiddenidentity, thanks for your lovely comments on my diary, I thought I'd come in here and share the love and a slightly dodgy group hug :grouphug:

I think you're tremendous! It is a lot for you to cope with. I find it hard enough to look after myself and there's only me so I can't begin to imagine doing so when there's so many others to think of too. I'm not sure if you're a reader but when I was really struggling a couple of years ago I kept a book by my bed called Romancing the Ordinary. It's quite an unusual book, but the important thing is the sections of it are very short and it moves through a whole year like a journal. Each night if I was struggling to sleep, I'd just read a little bit and it gave me a lot of comfort and felt like it was something small just for me. I still read it every now and then and feel that same warmth from it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Finally catching up with your diary and wow, what a read! Utmost respect to you for everything going on! I HATE unexpected bills and always beat myself up for them and there’s literally no need, well done you for ensuring it doesn’t sit accruing further fees!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope you found something to do today during this awful weather today HI xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi hidden :)

Just wanted to say have started reading your diary and have subscribed !
    I've only got to page 10 at the minute but wow ! what a rollercoaster you are on - you have such a lot going on but you still find time to read other peoples diaries and support them .
    I don't think you realise what an amazing person you are :)
    I feel like we have a lot in common the anxiety , the gambling (part of my debt came from this) and a o/h what aren't always that supportive !
    Keep going your doing great !

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    This is going to be another of "those" diaries, isn't it - the long-term MSE'ers will know what I mean! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Thank you for all your replies :)

We are spending time sorting bits out that get missed on a usual day. Just basic straightening of cuboards and wiping out etc. Hoping to find some things to list on ebay ;)

Nothing on the money front, I think that'll be it until payday Friday.

Need to get the older two school shoes before Monday and still looking on ebay for cheap enough bundles to fit ever growing smalls. Nothing found so far though.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Debt 07/06/17

Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £1940 (£10 paid)
    Fine 1 £1250
    Fine 2 [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £70 (£5 paid)
    Aunt £1000
    Mum £340 + [STRIKE]£87[/STRIKE]
    Step Dad £1000
    Friend [STRIKE]£1379[/STRIKE] £1360

Total [STRIKE]£7348.71[/STRIKE] £6960 ( £388.71 paid )

Rent arrears [STRIKE]£3381.28[/STRIKE] £3305 (£76.38 paid)

Debt + Rent [STRIKE]£10722.99[/STRIKE] £10265 (£465.09 paid)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Friday also is exactly a month since my first post. Be good to see what's happened in 1 month :D
  • Excellent hun, keep it up :D x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport