Fischer Storage Heaters

Comments

• Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Now it turns out we do not have E 7 but something else....does it never end.
  • Truthful1
    Found electric bill, it says Standard and off peak F.
  • Truthful1
    TAG ARCHIVES: FISCHER HEATERS – FISCHER NIGHT STORAGE HEATERS

Fischer heaters, a leading UK brand in night storage heaters, manufactured in Germany and exclusively for sale from Fischer future heat. The Only place to buy Fischer Heaters.

December 22, 2013
    FISCHER STORAGE HEATERS

Click for storage heater site

For some time it’s been apparent that gas central heating is simply outdated and should be replaced by more effective, controllable electric heating systems. continually pumping hot water around a home which is not properly insulated is simply not efficient and anyone looking to save on their electricity bills should consider fischer storage heaters as the future of home heating. In the coming years we expect there to be a huge increase on the amount of electric storage heaters being used in the UK. If you are looking for storage heaters you could consider fischer heaters, dimplex heaters or jawotherm heaters. Thewe are 3 of the main brands of storage heaters available in the UK.

June 11, 2013
    CHOOSE STORAGE HEATER BRANDS

Click for storage heater site

The savings made on storage heaters will depend on the brand you buy because different companies create different qualities of storage heaters. Storage heaters look similar on the outside but the details on the inside is what varies from different companies. It is not good to spend less and at the end of it you end up repairing more or replacing it fast.

Therefore invest on a brand that is efficient for a very long time. A warrant that is set for a long period may be an indication that the elements are larger, the insulation is good enough and a metal that does not corrode easily. The warranty period may reduce for areas that use hard water or for large families. Famous brands include Fischer Future Heat UK and Dimplex.

Always ensure that you purchase branded storage heater that offers guarantee, safety and a good service. The unbranded storage heater may be offered at a cheaper price but will not be up to standards rendering it unsafe. Brands that do not specify the material used for the inner tank may be using steel that is corrosive and weak which consumes a lot of electricity leading to more cost. A good brand should have ISO mark to be assured that it is the best or has low maintenance.

Storage heaters do not have to be necessarily complicated for it to be viewed as a quality brand. The most important thing is the reliability. It should produce the needed amount of hot water or warmth at all times, that way it can be seen as being efficient because it performances its duty. The best brand should also be able to produce hot water for a long time instead of switching of too cold water unexpectedly.

A storage heater is not an appliance that should be bought at any hardware or fixed by a mere plumber. It may need a professional who knows what they are dealing with as it is a state of art that will require a skilled artist. The professional should give you the best advice on the brand that suits best depending with the living condition of a person. The factors that will play a big role is size of the family, the location, soft or hard water, type of gas used and type of venting. The best brand can be sold by companies that specialize in storage heaters.

March 28, 2013
    FISCHER FUTURE HEAT RADIATORS

BENEFITS OF FISCHER FUTURE HEAT STORAGE HEATERS

night storage heaters from Fischer Heating

There are many different benefits to using Fischer Future Heat storage heaters. Whilst many people these days consider storage heaters to be out dated and bulky, the improvements made over the years have made them slimmer and more stylish. They make heating your home easy, and have increased control over charge and heat output.

Low cost Storage Heaters
    Fischer Future Heat storage heaters are incredibly low cost. Now only do you not need to pay for plumbing and pipe installation, the cost for the energy itself is very low. Because they charge up at night, they use Economy 7 electric rates. This is really cheap in comparison to other rates that you would be charged during the day, for the simple reason that it is a time of low output. By investing in Fischer Future Heat storage heaters, you will be keeping your home cosy whilst having to pay very little.

Increased flexibility with Storage Radiators
    Because you don’t have to worry about installing pipes and plumbing in order to use Fischer Future Heat storage heaters, you have a large amount of flexibility when it comes to location. All you need to install a Fischer Future Heat storage heater are wall brackets and a plug socket. This means that as long as it is on a flat wall, and near a power point, you can install it pretty much wherever you want. You can have multiple Fischer Future Heat storage heaters in your house, and can alter the level of charges and heat output on each separate one. This means that you can have a higher level of heat in some rooms than others, and change the overnight charge accordingly.

Low maintenance from Fischer Future Heat
    As there is no plumbing and pipe installation involved in the use of Fischer Future Heat storage heaters, it means that the maintenance is incredibly low; in fact, it is next to none. You will have the same level of basic maintenance that you have with most electronic devices, but that is pretty much it. You don’t need to worry about having them regularly serviced, and they will not be affected if your boiler blows and you have no hot water. They work by heating bricks which retain energy and let it out during the day, so if will generally not have any tag-along maintenance required that methods of central heating will.

image5.jpg
    January 9, 2013
    FISCHER HEATERS, STORAGE HEATERS BY FISCHER
  • Truthful1 wrote: »
    Found electric bill, it says Standard and off peak F.

- means you have an E tariff
    - usually E7 or E10 / Heatwise or underfloor / ceiling heating
    - that a very very old meter, and a very very old tariff
    - are you confident you are on an 'off peak F' tariff ?

Note : Standard is always an industry euphemism for the most expensive tariff we have.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Truthful1
    Is standard F cheaper or more expansive?
  • Truthful1
    - means you have an E tariff
    - usually E7 or E10 / Heatwise or underfloor / ceiling heating
    - that a very very old meter, and a very very old tariff
    - are you confident you are on an 'off peak F' tariff ?

Note : Standard is always an industry euphemism for the most expensive tariff we have.

Totally sure.. I have the bill right in front of me.
  • Truthful1
    Richie, thank you for all the help today. This has been exhausting. There is so little mention about Fischer. However it looks like they are expanding its base and staff, including 'engineers' rapidly. And the leaflet was put through our door, not cut out of a paper, so they are being quite proactive. Maybe this is just the beginning of their venture in the UK.. Do the Germans put up with this? Doubt it. Thanks Richie.
  • Truthful1 wrote: »
    Richie, thank you for all the help today. This has been exhausting. There is so little mention about Fischer. However it looks like they are expanding its base and staff, including 'engineers' rapidly. And the leaflet was put through our door, not cut out of a paper, so they are being quite proactive. Maybe this is just the beginning of their venture in the UK.. Do the Germans put up with this? Doubt it. Thanks Richie.

Sadly there is nothing you have unearthed that I've not seen before, nothing at all. Unfortunately they are indeed selling like hot cakes to people like your relative, and will continue to do so unabated. People will no longer buy pegs from a Gypsy or a Rolex down the pub but they will buy £2000 heaters behind drawn curtains away from the protection and scrutiny of their family and friends. You have my sympathy, clearly high -pressure sales techniques are used, but once an arrangement is made for an appointment with a salesperson our UK protection is inadequate, it might be unfair ................... but its not illegal.

Best of luck my friend, I wish you and yours well !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2014 at 9:59AM
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    Am I the only person to have had a visit from an 'engineer'.
    The entire sales talk was about how you could program each heater individually in each room for the temperature you desired it to come on at. So if you wanted it to come on when the room temp went below say 50 degrees you could program it to do that and to shut off when the room temperature went above so many degrees.:eek:

Which is exactly what any £25 convector fitted with a thermostat does...it's hardly a Fischer USP.
    As for E7 compatibility, which they make great play of; well, any electric heater is 'compatible' with E7 (i.e. it will operate) But you'd be daft to run any system other than NSH's on E7.
    I suggest you get your tariff and metering sorted out before you go any further, you appear to be on some sort of obsolete E10 system maybe, which will be supported by few other suppliers-and you're also on the most expensive option-standard.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    Ah, I get it now.
    When you have an Economy 7 meter, the daytime rate is higher. WOW

Indeed-otherwise everyone would be on E7. The trade off is a much more expensive day rate.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure