PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I can't figure that place out at all, its driving me mad!

I'd say its currently a HMO or some sort of place where the owner has several lodgers - too many dining chairs (of a sort) and only a couple of bedrooms available to the EA when taking photos. Food stored in a bedroom...
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    teddysmum wrote: »
    It looks like some kind or institution as the kitchen appliances are commercial, dining chairs like office furniture and there are dozens of bathroom products on the side of the bath.

Something about it makes me think of some kind of boarding house, hostel, care home or similar.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    I'd say its currently a HMO or some sort of place where the owner has several lodgers - too many dining chairs (of a sort) and only a couple of bedrooms available to the EA when taking photos. Food stored in a bedroom...

That bedroom also has a walking frame in it though, which seems unusual for a lodger.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ocelot wrote: »
    Something (can't quite put my finger on it) tells me these were elderly peoples' houses:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49184298.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60897328.html

Love the pink bathroom suite in 1.

1's bathroom has the 'chicken' tiles, made famous by this thread.

2 is an easy "Spot the Agent."

:)
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    1's bathroom has the 'chicken' tiles, made famous by this thread.

2 is an easy "Spot the Agent."

:)

Agreed....

Not forgetting the handrail in bathroom thing.

My definition of a bathroom firm with a deathwish (for themselves:cool:) being one that suggests the customer might like a handrail when gutting a bathroom - and customer isn't elderly yet.....:cool:
  • newsseller12
    newsseller12 Posts: 172 Forumite
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49199877.html

A catio? pic 10
    pic 6 strangest stairs ever....are they for humans or cats?
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Stairs don't seem to lead anywhere - presumably for cats!

I like the catio, actually.
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agreed....

Not forgetting the handrail in bathroom thing.

My definition of a bathroom firm with a deathwish (for themselves:cool:) being one that suggests the customer might like a handrail when gutting a bathroom - and customer isn't elderly yet.....:cool:

LOL, I keep on getting equity release offers but I'm nowhere near their minimum age yet!
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49199877.html

A catio? pic 10
    pic 6 strangest stairs ever....are they for humans or cats?

It's a cat staircase to bedroom 2. :D
  • Ocelot wrote: »
    LOL, I keep on getting equity release offers but I'm nowhere near their minimum age yet!

Just as well I don't get those offers:cool:.

I can't take them (on principle) anyway - as they'd pay me less because of being a woman:eek::mad::eek:.

So I had to make a decision I'd never have one unless and until that malarkey stops (yes...I know the excuse for it happening:cool:). "Women live longer than men blah blah blah":rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure