IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ from parking eye but they deliberately sent to old address

Comments

• nic_c wrote: »
    You pay the creditor, i.e. Parking Eye. It shouldn't be too late, but it would need paying today - you are given one calendar month. The creditor would then need to confirm to the court that you paid within the timescale allowed (it does not matter if they inform the court after the month, they just need to confirm you paid in time)
    https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/removing-a-ccj
    The question is PE open to accept payment and you may need to chase them up

Ok so if I ring them and ask them if I pay today if I'll still be within the one calendar month?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    but they are not CCJs , untill the 28 days to pay have elapsed , then after non payment they are converted into CCJs
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    but they are not CCJs , untill the 28 days to pay have elapsed , then after non payment they are converted into CCJs

Oh I see so for me to have a CCJ it must have gone past the allowed time to pay it off?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh I see so for me to have a CCJ it must have gone past the allowed time to pay it off?

yes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2017 at 5:02PM
    No.

You get a CCJ immediately it is pronounced by the court.

What you are getting mixed up over (as is pg!) is when a CCJ stays permanently on the register of ccjs. (Which is when it has not been paid off in full within 30 days of its issue)
  • Quentin
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    No.

See previous post #36
  • So just tried ringing PE. Can only get through to automatic payment line. Today is my last day of the one calendar month. I cannot speak to anyone to find out if I can pay it and if they'll let the court know to remove the CCJ.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Seems to be a lot of confusion around. If it says 8th June on Experian, then that will be the date of the Judgement, so has to be paid by one calendar month from that date. CCJs are usually put on the Register and reported to one CRA within a couple of days (the CRA's take updates from each other so it may take a month to appear on others). To wait a month to check whether they have been paid as to whether to add them or not would make a lot of extra work.

The Q is would paying PE online be in time? Most companies would have the system automated, i.e. if paid within a month the letter is sent to update the court, but whether this is true of PE or whether the automated payment methods would update the account to say paid, I don't know. If you do pay then it would be harder to get it set aside. If you apply to get it set aside, it doesn't mean the debt goes away. Also the set aside isn't guaranteed. If the DVLA gave them it, then they are going by your known address - when had you informed the DVLA of you new address.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Does the fact that I haven't lived there for 11 months count in my defence?

Well from what I can gather you don't know when the parking event occurred that has resulted in the default judgment, it could be from before you moved. Also how prompt were you in sending your V5c (log book) off to have the address changed at the DVLA?
  • Quentin
    nic_c wrote: »
    ...the set aside isn't guaranteed. If the DVLA gave them it, then they are going by your known address - when had you informed the DVLA of you new address.

That wouldn't mean a set aside application based on the fact that the defendant knew nothing of the claim would fail!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure