PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• i'm in again :)£3600 for the year please...still working on March at the moment but will update that later ;)
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    In again for April, targets of £333.33 but £4,000 for the year.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all,

I had better increase to £300 for April.

DS2 is back 3/4 days a week and has hollow legs :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • *Margaret*
    *Margaret* Posts: 142 Forumite
    In again for April, £45 again I think. I'll be doing my usual Monday to Monday thing, so starting on the 3rd. Last month I attempted some expensive cooking experiments, but giving myself and my smoke alarm a break this month so think £45 very manageable.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Can you please put me down for £150 for April. That's for two of us plus a dog.

I hopefully have done my last shop for March and I have come in £3.08 under budget, really pleased :D When I look back for the same period last year I'd spent an extra £110.34. :(
  • Thank you Zippy for starting the new thread. Could you please put me down for €250, running from April 1st to 30th.

I splurged these last couple weeks in March and in order to get back on track I will try to post every day even if it's a NSD. The new limit will give me roughly €60/week budget which I'd like to honestly keep to €45/week. At least there will be wiggle room for restocking or a splurge if wanted. (Damn you toilet paper and pork roasts!)
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd like to join this April please, with £250- I don't know if this will be enough it let's see how it goes.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm in, £195 a month for the rest of the year as that will keep us under budget for 2017 due to the colossal overspend we had in February.

My month started yesterday and we have already spent an astonishing £132.66/£195 so will be aiming to spend most of my time on the 'eating out of the freezer and cupboards' thread instead of this one.

The big spends so far have included bulk buys so things should even out over the next few months.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    £200 for April please
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    First shop of the month done and £37 spend. We did a bit of a stock up shop in Lidl as we had a £5 off ab £30 spend - 5 minces, 2 diced steak packs and bread in the freezer. Total cost in Lidl was £30.40 after the voucher came off. The rest was in HB.

I have reduced my budget this month to £130 as OH and I are away on holiday for a week. Total left is £93/£130
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family