MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• snowscreamer
    Options
    arbrighton - added you to the list and also newthrift - I think I remember you were 9 days behind me which makes your EDD 30th June - I hope I have calculated that correctly?

As cats2012 has posted most days over the last few weeks and nothing today I'm really hoping no news for us is good news for her!

As for me, we are hopefully finally starting the last few bits of work to the house and garden that we wanted to get done before baby / before we sell. The house was in a pretty poor state when we bought it and our plan has always been to do it up and then sell to get somewhere bigger once children started arriving. It will actually be fine for 1 baby/toddler (2 big bedrooms, 1 small) and possibly 1 toddler and 1 baby but that would be my absolute limit before moving on. Especially as it's on a very fast country lane and I am terrified of the road + toddlers...

The last couple of bits are the stairs (currently pretty open - need banisters!), downstairs loo (currently 70s style) and finally removing our front garden to expand the driveway to create more flexible off-road parking space. Our joiner to do the stairs and downstairs loo has given us a start date next week and then the landscaper is starting mid-late April (no confirmed date yet). Can't wait for it all to be complete! Hoping the disruption won't be too hectic...
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options

As cats2012 has posted most days over the last few weeks and nothing today I'm really hoping no news for us is good news for her!

That's what I thought too! Let's hope it's good news.

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your house. Our upstairs is nearly finished, a couple of bits of paint to touch up and I think we are going furniture and carpet shopping this weekend. Can't wait as feel like we've been camping in it for 2 years! The garden, kitchen and lounge still need to be done, but we haven't got any plans to do those right now (well we might pay someone to do the garden, but no more diy for now!)
  • sweetbabu
    sweetbabu Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

May I be added to the list, please? 12th June for us :)
    That's what I'm hoping, too! I know the whole due date thing is pretty much guesswork, but when you've been told a date and you go over it, it's horrendous!

Massive congrats, cuidadosa! My girl was 2.55kg and she was teeny enough - I can't begin to imagine your boys! I hope they are growing and thriving x

I have to say, I'm going to go against the grain a bit here and, yes, I do have heartburn (though I think I remember it worse in my last pregnancy?), and yes I do wake up with restless legs (thankfully not cramp yet!) in the morning - BUT, I am sleeping right through till morning! I can't remember when I started to get up during the night last time, but once I'm asleep, that's pretty much me till the morning. I am waking up slightly earlier than usual, but that never hurt anyone! I think I've discovered my second trimester energy!

I'm also still able to put socks on and do up my shoes - though it does take a bit longer if he's lying at the top of my bump! :rotfl:

Speaking of bump, he had quite a few fits yesterday - my belly was moving like mad and it tickled as well! Made me giggle :D

OH and I had a few days off towards the end of last week, so we spent it in the garden. Him shovelling mud from the pile left from the decking - and me holding the bag open and feeling like an extra wheel :o We were at the garden centre loads and are the proud new owners of more litres of compost than I could care to admit! He built a couple of wooden planters and I painted them. Then we planted the bedding plants and grasses that we bought. Then he told me off for daring to lift half a bag of decorative stones - I felt like a child :o

Hope everyone is doing well, and fingers crossed for cats!
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Haha you observant lot!! Yes Baby B is finally.here, no name yet. Arrived 9.10am this morning weighing just 5lb 9oz. Unfortunately birth plan went out the window due to a big bleed in early.labour and then an issue with her heartrate dipping so it was a very quick but very medical labour and we're staying in overnight to make sure feeding etc works out given the interventions.

We're both safe and well though and staff were amazing. I'm a bit sore and very tired now but otherwise all good :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Cats and eeeeeeeeeeeeek by the sounds of it. Hope you have a good night
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't mean to scare anyone - it's actually a story of how you just don't know what will happen but the NHS are amazing. My mindfulness/hypnobirthing still definitely helped as I only had gas and air, except some local anaesthetic due to the complications but that was only at the last minute.

It's funny how plans just don't matter when baby's safety is priority :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Cats. Glad to hear you are both doing well, that's the main thing!
  • Tinks05
    Tinks05 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Cats! Have been checking back waiting for news from you. Glad you and baby are doing well xx
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Cats, glad to hear you and baby are doing well.

Snow you got my due date right, thank you :) very well remembered, I have full on baby brain at times and forget the simplest of things - which does lead to a lot of paranoia at work and triple checking stuff haha.

I can get the socks and shoes on but I have to be sat down and usually put my foot on to the other leg. Funny how the simplest of tasks become difficult. I actually felt proud of being able to still shave my legs in the bath last night, DH has already been told he'll have to do it near the end, oh the glamour :rotfl:
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations cats, hope your first night has been ok. Sorry your labour wasn't as planned, but glad you're all safe and you managed to do some of your hypnobirthing. Bet it's a surprise that she was that little!

NCT breastfeeding class for me tonight, hoping it will be helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure