Travel agent section 75 claim

Options
Hi I'm hoping someone can help. We had booked to go to NY next month with a company bright sky's travel but received an email yester from the administrator as its gone into liquidation. We paid the deposit on credit card so I was wondering if we have a valid section 75 claim. I know booking through third parties when the end supplier fails aren't usually covered. However as we were getting both flights and accommodation through the company does that make it a package and therefore our supplier has failed?

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't know if you can claim from your card provider but your travel insurance should pay out for it
  • InsideInsurance
    Options
    Is it bright sky's travel that you paid or was it a different travel agent?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ABTA involved? They will tell you to start a S75 claim first but I can't see you having a problem here, either way who you paid has failed to provide you with the service you bought.

I think you may be getting mixed up with the likes of Paypal, different scenario.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
  • Sjcah
    Options
    Yes it's bright sky's. Reason I thought it may be classed as third party is I've read if you book flights through a travel agent and the airline goes bump your not covered but in this case im hoping that because the company we booked with was supplying a package ie flights & accommodation that we will be covered. Hopefully it will be ok but if not guess we can always go to the ombudsman. I didn't think travel insurance paid out in cases of liquidation
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sjcah wrote: »
    Hi I'm hoping someone can help. We had booked to go to NY next month with a company bright sky's travel but received an email yester from the administrator as its gone into liquidation. We paid the deposit on credit card so I was wondering if we have a valid section 75 claim. I know booking through third parties when the end supplier fails aren't usually covered. However as we were getting both flights and accommodation through the company does that make it a package and therefore our supplier has failed?

Did you actually get your references for travel from the TA?

Or do you have nothing? Just because they have gone into liquidation that doesnt make your booking invalid if they have already booked, paid and your references are valid.

As for liquidation, my insurance covers insolvency of airline - but makes no mention of TA as usually all they do is book and provide references anyway...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure