Better Bathrooms.com complaint

Comments

• Same here had nothing but trouble from point of delivery, I gave up in the end lesson learned i suppose:mad:
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Glad I seen this, I was about to spend around 2k+ with this company, will look elswhere
  • I ordered my bathroom fromt his company thinking all the goods looked nice and of good quality only to be let down by deliveries being late, goods not built to good standard, faulty parts (toilet that doesn't flush), inability of the sales rep to calculate the right amount of tiles.
    When contacting customer services they don't care at all. Ignore anything you say and so far I have only been lucky enought to get a replacement pnuematic flush for my toilet.
    I'd recomend people avoid only for the fact that Better Bathrooms goods are different to others so in theory look nicer but which would you have a showroom bathroom or a functional quality bathroom. I can safely say I won't be ordering from here again or any other related company wehere they to branch out in other areas.
  • Anyone think this deserves it's own website?
    I could set it up..names..comments?
    I have also just had a rubbish experience of Better Bathrooms not replacing a broken cistern because the fault was discovered at 5 months after order date - but the product, a broken toilet cistern, had been sat untouched in a box waiting for the plumbers to be ready to fit it.
  • PeakT wrote: »
    Anyone think this deserves it's own website?
    I could set it up..names..comments?
    I have also just had a rubbish experience of Better Bathrooms not replacing a broken cistern because the fault was discovered at 5 months after order date - but the product, a broken toilet cistern, had been sat untouched in a box waiting for the plumbers to be ready to fit it.
    I've thought of this, a facebook page titled
    Better Bathrooms - The real Experience where your honest comments won't be deleted

I've emailed the MD twice but no response. I spent over £4k buying and having this bathroom installed to still not be able to have a shower!!
  • I ordered a toilet online from this company. The toilet seat was scratched upon unpacking the item but my plumber obviously fitted the toilet anyway rather than leave us without a toilet. I contacted them straight away to tell them and they asked me to send a photograph which I did. As I didn't get a reply, I sent a couple more emails over the next week to chase up an outcome. No reply whatsoever so rang them up to be told that as the toilet was fitted and the technical team didn't deem the scratch to be a defect, they would not replace the seat. The girl I spoke to implied that it had been damaged upon fitting. The fittings on the toilet seat are cheap plastic and wobble so i can't see it lasting long anyway. You get what you pay for. I won't be using this company again.
  • I have no idea where to start !!!

My husband is very ill and needs a Liver Transplant (not alcohol related) - we decided to have our 9 yr old bathroom gutted and re-done. As a RN and full time carer I knew this would have to be carefully planned for my husbands well being.

While browsing 'Pinterest' I saw a lovely bathroom and it led me to Better Bathrooms - I rang and spoke at length with 'salesman' who told me to order ASAP to coinside with workmen coming in 2 weeks later. Measured and re measured and then placed order just over £1000.

Delivery arrived - all checked - all appeared ok. Work started - old bathroom removed (husband relocated to sisters house). Workmen went to plumb in toilet which was part of a unit 'Windsor' - WC unit and basin unit were placed next to each other (as shown on website photo) - WC unit 'gloss white' and Basin unit 'off white' - so no toilet put in. Rang BB - manufacturers mistake ?? The WC unit was wrong ?? So my lovely new bathroom suite is 'off white' ok - as long as they match I can live with it (although not the items in the web picture). Replacement will be sent 'next day' (rang Wednesday) unit arrived (Monday) and dumped outside door without our knowledge !!! Again unit did not match !!!! We are now in 2nd week of bathroom installation - husband still at sisters - temporary toilet being used. Rang BB again - I should of checked unit at delivery - I would had I known it had arrived !!!! Workmen say they need to finish Friday as they allocated 2 weeks for work !! BB say they will send out 2 new units that match on next day delivery - which should have been Thursday - nothing !! Ring delivery company - not scheduled to be delivered until Friday ?? Ring BB - they wanted to listen to recorded phone call to 'see if they said next day delivery' - no return of phonecall - rang BB again - promised to ring delivery company for 'early morning delivery' - Friday (last day for workmen and half a bathroom installed) - rang delivery first thing - not scheduled till after 2pm ???? Rang BB - nothing they can do about it ????? Delivery company rang me at 2pm 'driver had gone off sick - could I wait until Monday' NO !!!! I couldn't - finally delivered at 4pm (too late to be plumbed in) units matched - back of basin unit damaged and WC unit chipped !!!! Took delivery as really had no other option :(

3rd and 4th week - workmen tried to get work done in between other jobs - husband called up for potential transplant 3 times in one week (none successful) stress levels through the roof !!!! Bathroom almost finished - try to have a shower !!! Scalding hot or ice cold ??? Workmen/electrician/plumbers all back - faulty shower unit ???? Rang BB - spoke to manager - they will refund my 'delivery charge of £35' as a goodwill gesture ??????? Shower has a 1 year warranty with manufacturer - I have to complain to them about shower - BB still hadn't collected old units - workmen had finished bathroom and all rubbish collected ????? So no 'box' for shower !!!! I will be ringing BB Tuesday - all we wanted was a new bathroom !!! We got shoddy goods - terrible customer services - broken promises - inconvenience and now the extra cost of having the shower removed and replaced !!!!!!

You have been warned - stay away !!!! It is not cheaper - the problems you encounter cost you more than it would if you bought a 'top if the range - gold plated bathroom'. :(:(
  • JennaAnn
    JennaAnn Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've recently experienced better bathrooms awful customer service.

I'm both upset and frustrated. We recently ordered some bathroom tiles. We paid a tiler to install the tiles for us. Two tiles were installed and both broke. On top of that the tiler informed us that the tiles will require sealing!?! No mention of this on the product description on the website. I rung two days ago to say that it was not clear that the tiles would require sealing and also to say that the tiles were incredibly poor quality as two had split.

When I finally reached management, I spoke to an incredibly rude lady and was told that BB recommend that if customers have any queries about the products on sale, they should ask prior to ordering. Apparently I should have asked about the sealing thing and got a tilers opinion before ordering!?! I asked her how I was suppose to know that my tiles would require sealing without any mention of it on their site to which I did not receive a satisfactory answer. After all I am someone (like a lot of people) that has little experience of tiling and would never dream to ask such a question. I simply saw what I thought was a nice tile on a website and thought they would be perfect for my bathroom.

I now need to foot the bill of returning the tiles myself at a cost of £50!!!

Needless to say I have wasted a lot of money continuously ringing their 0844 number. On 5 occasions I have been told to expect a call back which has never happened (one from management) so I have chased them over and over again.

On top of this my tiles were due for delivery last Thursday and I took the day off of work. They did not arrive until Friday even though I was assured that they would be there Thursday. At the time I did not complain about this as I know mistakes can happen but the poor quality tiles and rubbish customer service has tipped me over the edge.

So far I've paid for the tiles, a tiler who couldn't do the work, numerous 0844 calls, a day off of work and now a delivery charge or 42 super heavy tiles back to BB.

I rang yesterday to ask for a returns form to be sent. I was told the manager was emailing it there and then and lo and behold still no returns form.

I ordered my whole bathroom suite and taps from this company at the start of the year and they are yet to be opened. I pray that I won't have any problems with this but am so worried now after my experience with the tiles.

Buying and decorating a house is a stressful and expensive time especially when you are a first time buyer. Better bathrooms have been terrible. Avoid!!!

PS: attempting to contact returns department now. Another 0844 call, 10 minutes and counting!!! I'm dreading my phone bill ;-(
  • Better bathrooms should re-brand to better excuses! Having ordered a £150 toilet from them in October 2013 and pretty much been on the phone and emailing them with one issue after another! Today I get a reply saying that our technicians have checked a Rogivo range toilet and they all have the same defect! So in essence admitting there is a defect and yet not doing anything about it! My advice is to steer clear of these cowboys, a £50 toilet from B&Q will last longer and have less faults!

I will however be sending an email to the MD so thanks mumin999 hopefully they pull their thumb out and do something about it!

On a side note do not buy anything from them in the Prima range or Rovigo its useless and falls to bits!
  • Having got a response from Pauline Higgins, well I'm no better off than I was before when I made my initial contact with them to complain the item was faulty!

"2013 Units sold – 4,969
    2014 Units sold - 894

The number of faults reported in total are 4, none of which were the issue which you have described. Should there be an issue with this model the company would see a large number of faults reported."

I'm confident I am not the only person who has complained that the toilet is noisy and doesn't flush properly but eh looks like its time to take them to the small claims!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure