argos kids bed sale

lkmc01
lkmc01 Posts: 967 Forumite
edited 22 April 2011 at 2:26PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Looking at cabin beds for my son. He will be 6 in September and we are probably moving end August so it will go up after we moved. He has enough wardrobe and drawer space already, but could do with another bookcase and desk.

Which one do you think? Its £8.95 for delivery. Anyone know of any voucher codes? free £10 voucher and nectar points in with them too. They are not cheaper at Homebase

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6675020/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBeds%7C14418191/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418191%7CChildren's+beds%7C15350118.htm
Comes with mattress and room underneath for desk and bookcase. My partners favorite. Could buy a desk and bookcase from ebay in future.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6921059/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBeds%7C14418191/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418191%7CChildren's+beds%7C15350118.htm
With mattress.This is the one my son prefers as the ladder is straight up and he could not put his leg through the steps on it. We wouldn't need the wardrobe though. Does anyone know how deep the desk is please? There is storage behind the desk, but with this there is no space for anything else under the bed, whilst there is with the other two.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6675051/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBeds%7C14418191/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418191%7CChildren's+beds%7C15350118.htm
With mattress. The bookcase and desk are £100 (half price from 200) compared the the first bed on this list. Possibilly my favorite.

what do you think??? As I want to get it ordered

Comments

• lullypops
    lullypops Posts: 326 Forumite
    careful, you might get moaned at for asking advice!
    But technically it is a grabbit because the beds are a good price!
    I like the middle one but It effectively takes up more space than the other 2 because there is living space under the other 2, the choice out of the other 2 would be the bottom for me :) HTH
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Son had one but got fed up climbing up all the time.

Bottom one gets my vote.
  • lkmc01
    lkmc01 Posts: 967 Forumite
    yes it could fall into a grabbit, voucher request or opinion please
  • shadow4
    shadow4 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hiya, I bought the middle one for my kids who are now aged 10 and 12 who still sleep in them as they are full size single beds.

I highly recommend them they have loads of storage space and shelves, the desk is large and there is a pull out shelf for a keyboard underneath. They are very sturdy and built to last, the storage space behind the desk is ideal for hiding all the toys they have grown a bit big for but would still like to keep. If you don't need to use the wardrobe you can fit stacker tubs in it.

Only downside is very hard to assemble as the parts are not labeled and you need to set it up exactly where its going to stay as its very heavy and hard to move without lifting up your carpet. The sprung mattress is terrible you can feel every spring sticking in you when you lie in it so would upgrade to the comfort mattress.
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    i would go for the wooden one as my boys have had bunk beds of metal and they really end up squeking loads and being annoying
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • babydaisy
    babydaisy Posts: 333
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just a word of warning - my son had one but hated being up in the air and we found it really hard to get up there to give him a bedtime story and to change the bed.

So we have had to sell ours on ebay and I'm now looking for a low cabin bed instead.

Make sure you try before you buy would be my advice.

:D
  • new2u
    new2u Posts: 776
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    we had the first one the high sleeper,the ladder takes up quite abit of space in my opinion and my dd kept tripping over it( but then again she falls over everything) I would personally go for the middle one :)
  • flowers422
    flowers422 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Which one do you think? Its £8.95 for delivery. Anyone know of any voucher codes? free £10 voucher and nectar points in with them too. They are not cheaper at Homebase

hi, i tried to collect points at argos and was told that u can only redeem your points and not collect them there
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    I would personally go for the middle one, we had metal bunk beds and wooden ones and the wooden ones are best by far, and I agree the ladder sticking out is a problem. Every time my son moved in his bed on the metal one I heard him all through the night!
    I think the middle one will grow better with your child too.
    My daughter has a mid sleeper in her room now and even that is a bit of a pain to change the bedding but she is in such a small room she needs the space underneath.
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • ladyinneed
    ladyinneed Posts: 84 Forumite
    We've been looking at these for ages to space save in the childrens room. Personally I think the middle one is the best option.
    Good price but I think you could probably get it a little cheaper.
    Would you need to buy the matress?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport