Cyclist collision at mini round about

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Yes the stationary car had lights on, and street lamps were on - it was passed sunset so cyclist should have been light up, infact he had his back light on but that's it so he was aware that it was dark.

Im not looking to solely blame the cyclist but Im at quite a loss that this happened. Im a cyclist myself. I asked the guy where he came from and why he didnt have lights and a helmet, truth is I believe he was racing along to beat the traffic. If he had came to a stop at the junction he would have had plenty of time to break and not cycle into me - the mini roundabout width is incredibly small and only perhaps three pedals needed to clear it

Just be pleased you aren't facing a prosecution to be honest
  • Hi he informed me where he entered the round about from and it is as I said.

He said at the scene he didn't need an ambulance and was not injured. I have looked at reporting and it states to report if I am injured or if my vehicle is damaged which is not the case. I gave my details at the scene, my phone number and my registration number
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was there a cycle path a little further up on the other side of the road?
  • No dont think so
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The OP seems obsessed with the cyclist not wearing a helmet, would you have seen them if they were wearing one? Or thought i wont pull out because he is wearing a helmet?

You sound inexperienced and probably would benefit from some extra training.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• No im obsessed he didnt have lights in the dark
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 October 2016 at 5:54PM
    Ok should the cyclist have had lights on,

Only if it was after sunset.
    reflectors

Only if the bike was manufactured after October 1985, and it was after sunset.
    and a helmet

No.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes the stationary car had lights on, and street lamps were on - it was passed sunset so cyclist should have been light up, infact he had his back light on but that's it so he was aware that it was dark.

Im not looking to solely blame the cyclist but Im at quite a loss that this happened. Im a cyclist myself. I asked the guy where he came from and why he didnt have lights and a helmet, truth is I believe he was racing along to beat the traffic. If he had came to a stop at the junction he would have had plenty of time to break and not cycle into me - the mini roundabout width is incredibly small and only perhaps three pedals needed to clear it

Lighting up time is 30 minutes after sunset https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighting-up_time
  • not for cyclists its at sunset
  • yes it was after sunset
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family