"Esure vs me" court date

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    http://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/client-resources/legal-updates/consequences-cashing-cheques-full-final-settlement-8505.aspx

Based on this article the safe thing to do is write back rejecting the F and F settlement offer and telling them you will cash the cheque as part payment, 7 days later do just that
  • maddogb
    maddogb Posts: 473 Forumite
    arcon5 wrote: »
    http://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/client-resources/legal-updates/consequences-cashing-cheques-full-final-settlement-8505.aspx

Based on this article the safe thing to do is write back rejecting the F and F settlement offer and telling them you will cash the cheque as part payment, 7 days later do just that

that's interesting reading.

though the question appears to be moot as the cheque never arrived, probably never sent maybe some dodgy ploy to get me to drop the case :(
  • maddogb
    cannot believe their supposed settlement cheque arrived in post this morning, look's like another tactical harassment, too late to claim refund for hearing fee...seriously who trying to actually settle will leave it this late then send the cheque second class post...
  • arcon5
    If it's not for full amount send it back and reject their offer
  • maddogb wrote: »
    cannot believe their supposed settlement cheque arrived in post this morning, look's like another tactical harassment, too late to claim refund for hearing fee...seriously who trying to actually settle will leave it this late then send the cheque second class post...

Get the hearing fee from them too. Give them a call on Monday and tell them you'll still attend the hearing to ask the Judge to award you the hearing fee unless they agree to send you a further cheque.
  • maddogb
    Get the hearing fee from them too. Give them a call on Monday and tell them you'll still attend the hearing to ask the Judge to award you the hearing fee unless they agree to send you a further cheque.

tbh I was just looking for the cheque as further evidence of their "contemptuous disregard for my rights" alongside the threats of sending a barrister to the hearing to defend on the basis of settled claim with me paying his cost, it further supports my request for punitive damages.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    maddogb wrote: »
    tbh I was just looking for the cheque as further evidence of their "contemptuous disregard for my rights" alongside the threats of sending a barrister to the hearing to defend on the basis of settled claim with me paying his cost, it further supports my request for punitive damages.

It'll cost you a lot more if you want punitive damages as you'll have to travel to the US for that.
  • maddogb
    bigadaj wrote: »
    It'll cost you a lot more if you want punitive damages as you'll have to travel to the US for that.
    no we have them here, although they are labelled exemplary damages here.
  • maddogb
    cannot believe their trial pack arrived this morning, 2 sheets of paper with the screenprints of the various valuation guides, lmao....
  • arcon5
    Is it monday the hearing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business