The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Glad you still have a job (and your legs) but sorry about the rest of it :kisses3:

I could just eat a Bounty now :drool:
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January 2016 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Halloooooo Mrs Upsidedown Bear,

Thank you for your kind words, I am debating whether to switch my Halifax Current Account (currently paying £5 a month) and maybe go to Clydesdale and get £150 cash and earn 2% interest on whatever is in that account?

Later, I can invest £2000 out of my £3000 HSBC 6% kitchen account into TSB earning 5% in April.

The £220 Marks and Spencer vouchers sound good but I fancy the money instead of vouchers.

I will put my monthly savings into another account maybe an ISA. Hopefully a bank will offer something for savings.

I am being smart I hope.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any advice. Will the Halifax carry on paying £5 a month forever if you stay there?
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello Aesop. How's things?
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any advice. Will the Halifax carry on paying £5 a month forever if you stay there?

Hallo, yes it will. I think.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 18 January 2016 at 10:04PM
    Options
    I want to ring Clydesdale now but my blooming phone isn't working. Virgin can't sort it till Saturday. lol.

Patience is a virtue. I am going to watch the telly and sleep. It is all v exciting. I will get a free £150 hopefully straight into the kitchen fund and rest into mortgage overpayment.

Don't you just love MSE? Free money, hopefully.

:j:money::beer::j:money::beer::j:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • savingwannabe
    edited 19 January 2016 at 6:05PM
    Options
    I have just earned £150. Well I will in April thanks to MSE. Hurrah.

:beer:

Glass of diet coke though, as no wine in the week. Sun is shining outside. Freezing though. I will do work this afternoon.

Is Martin Lewis a Lord? He should be one, if he is one he should be promoted to a Duke at least. I can't believe how much this site has helped me over the years. :D:D:money:

I have just bought a book on the kings and queens of England (always wanted one) from fleabay for £2.81. It goes out of my cash spending money and it well help me sleep. lol.

The financial forecasts are a bit grim about the Uk's immediate future. So we will have to continue to save and be thrifty for this year. I cannot wait till the economy starts to improve this has been going on now for 8 years.

I have made a few concessions in my spending despite going crackers on nonsense from fleabay occasionally. One thing I am proud of is that I have really cut down travelling by taxi. I take in small amounts of work regularly and walk in. This has definitely helped me to save. Also having fewer medical appointments has meant less need to pay for transport too. It has kept me fit and hopefully meant I have burnt a few calories toning my wobbly bits. :rotfl:

I wish I could be really thrifty like Frugal Queen. But at least I am trying. I wonder what else I will learn this year?:)

Mrs Upsidedown Bear, Aesop, Stereochild do you have any suggestions of what else I can do?
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have just arranged to switch my power suppliers in February to a cheaper company by using MSE. £10 a month saved and I thought I was on a cheap tariff before. Holy moly. :j

I am taking the rest of the night off. I will wake up early to mark the rest of my work. It is soo boring.

It has been such a productive day for me financially. This website is invaluable. :money::money::money:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will be back later hun x
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Aesop I hope you are ok. Hugs, swxxxx