NST Muddy March Marathon

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have a few days off including yesterday and was hoping to make them all NSD's but alas that is not to be.

DS' GF is having issues at the moment so yesterday I picked her up and went for coffee before she went to work so we could chat.

Today I am meeting my bestie - I normally meet her once a month anyway. This time we are doing lunch out rather than dinner out.

Tomorrow I am taking my colleague out - she has had a major op and is fed up at home so going to drive somewhere nice to have a slow walk. May involve coffee and cake.

I know NSD's are important but so is mine and other people's wellbeing so that has to come first. I'm sure I can make it up over the rest of the month.

Yesterday I started the great kitchen move around - the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit but I'm sure it will look better by the end of today. Lots being sent to charity - why does my husband need 3 cafetieres (sorry not sure on spelling) when he only drinks filter coffee once in a blue moon?

I am grateful for:
    1. Days off work to potter about.
    2. The sun is starting to shine and I am just about to hang out my washing.
    3. The NHS (DD has been diagnosed with hypermobility after years of issues with her knees)
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well I am here and in a better mood than yesterday when I had managed to fuse all the electrics yesterday in the house before going to work. Hoover exploded.:eek:

Not that I am having any joy with sorting out repairs so much for their 6 year guarantee. Keep at them.:mad:

Not excited at the thought of a date, think you have a gut feeling if you really like them or not. Not really sure but a girl has to try Abundant are you listening!:p

Thanks Mothernerd the haircut will go ahead tomorrow as planned. Raid other pots to pay for it.:cool:

Not planning on spending today, have no money and await Joiners bill ;-(

Pleased I cut grass yesterday and tidied up my garden - looks so much better.

Eager Elephant - you have to have some treats. Got a cheap afternoon tea offer so hopefully go next week with daughter. As if I need any more cake:rotfl:

Grateful for
    Paying 100 off cards today (usual dd gone out)
    Sunshine
    My boss being out of office all morning - heaven.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still here :D
    Just lurking rather than posting as I'm struggling a bit at the moment to manage everything I need to. I'm in the process of list making and working through stuff.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Day Nine
    Inspiration

The first to Apologize is the Bravest
    The first to Forgive is the Strongest
    The first to Forget is the Happiest

Day Nine
    Use it or Lose It
    Inspiration first as that is today's 'lose it' task. Try to do something in one of the 3 categories and make some room in your head and your life lighter.

It isn't always easy or appropriate - suggesting that a victim of child abuse forgive their abuser would be adding insult to injury. If they are able to do it themselves, later in life fine but no-one else should put that additional burden on them.

We are great grudge holders in our family - my grandmother didn't speak to her brother for many years (and was totally in the wrong). I struggle with forgiving people but also feel that the stored grudges 'hurt me' (and only me). Sometimes it's a simple act of poor communication - something badly worded or taken the wrong way. Putting it right asap is far better than letting it fester for years.

A friend upset me once. A mutual friend helped me get it in perspective (I had retreated to a quiet corner of the building to cry and she found me) and after talking it through, I was able to let it go (don't sing, please don't sing) and it felt absolutely wonderful.

So consider it, try it, start with something small. I have a link to an Ed Byrne video talking about being kept awake at night over things you should have said/ done. Swearing alert. Please take it in the spirit it is intended - comments had to be disabled due to people completely missing the point.

Day Nine Wellbeing

Slow down. Sit and watch the sunset.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Got my annual leave approved and fights have dropped in price so thrilled. Definitely think I need a break so can come back to next project with a fresh perspective and attitude.

Mothernerd I think cutting out chocolate is going to be the only way to go. Won't be this weekend as we are going to an event that will based on reports from previous years an unlimited dessert table. Maybe I will just gorge myself there and never look at chocolate again as thought will make me ill, kinda like what happened with some types of alcohol during uni :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh no to the exploding hoover Calling and hopefully they honour their guarantee soon. Just so irritating when companies drag their heels about something that should be so straightforward.

Hope things improve soon CCL
  • Calling14
    Ooo Chasing sunshine where are you going to? How exciting?

Haven't been ripped off by the Joiner lets just say I am smiling rest of day and I can afford to get my hair done . Still a SFD as won't see him until tomorrow to part with cash. Happy happy happy
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Will definitely sit down and watch sunset with a glass of wine later oops ;-)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2017 at 3:35PM
    Hello,

today will be an SFD but tomorrow won't. Just did a Asda pick up order for tomorrow after work. Not only does it save us going into the shop after work on a Friday (lethal for the wallet), it also saves me the big shop on Saturday with everybody in tow. Bonus, upon check out I got a £10 off voucher that I must have earned last time. All in I probably got the same price as in LIDL or Aldi.

Tonight I'll do a proper meal plan based on what I still have and what I just ordered (just in my head atm, but need to write it down) and do a bit of deep cleaning. Mothernerd inspired me with her kitchen clean the other day. At the moment, I could quite happily not go to work as I got so many things on my list(s) that I could be doing instead. There is a garden list, a DIY list, a cleaning list, a decuttering/sorting list......Oh, well, a turtle moves slowly but steadily, eh.....forgot the reading list, the crafting list.....;) just not enough hours in a day. How do other turtles fit it in. Do you have designated days for cleaning, crafting, gardening etc after work? Plus my kids still need some attention too. Feel like Mr Rush sometimes....
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm pretty good at forgiving and REALLY good at forgetting! Makes my home life very harmonious as I just cannot bear a grudge!
    Off for a swim tonight - missed the sun set so this will have to be my well-being.
    NSD 6/ 15
    Grateful for:
    a calm day at school and the humour of children
    A healthy, yummy lunch
    The camaraderie of colleagues
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 March 2017 at 8:18PM
    not nSpeky just keep going, do what you can.

EE those are all good reasons for spending, sometimes it's easier to talk over food or a drink.

Calling Boo to the electrics but thumbs up for the joiner.

Chasing Sunshine Holiday - it would be so nice.
    The strap is to hold them up (u shape or similar!) a la Kim Kardashian...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (but never ones with horizontal stripes or slogans because they look weird).
    Still here :D
    Just lurking rather than posting as I'm struggling a bit at the moment to manage everything I need to. I'm in the process of list making and working through stuff.
    Hello

Tonight I'll do a proper meal plan based on what I still have and what I just ordered (just in my head atm, but need to write it down) and do a bit of deep cleaning. Mothernerd inspired me with her kitchen clean the other day. At the moment, I could quite happily not go to work as I got so many things on my list(s) that I could be doing instead. There is a garden list, a DIY list, a cleaning list, a decuttering/sorting list......Oh, well, a turtle moves slowly but steadily, eh.....forgot the reading list, the crafting list.....;) just not enough hours in a day. How do other turtles fit it in. Do you have designated days for cleaning, crafting, gardening etc after work? Plus my kids still need some attention too. Feel like Mr Rush sometimes....

I am struggling with NSDs. Lots of little spends, some choices were a compromise - wanted to go to crafts but already very tired, so the £1 bus hop seemed to be the way to go. Some days I wouldn't claim a NSD as I wasn't sure what I had spent and what was mum's (not out of pocket but can't spare th time or energy to work it out). I haven't even the consolation of making it to the SM and buying lots of healthy ys goodies.

Not sure I am managing (certainly not everything), the things not done list is growing and yes Thrifty not enough hours in the day and so many more things I want to do. Going to take some time to read through the 'poorlies' thread to pick up tips. Think my major goal for this month should be finding ways of doing more with less (acheiving/ getting more done with less time, less energy expended) and doing the fun things. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Think there is a TED talk I can adapt - four quadrants with tasks dived into what needs doing/ is optional and what you like doing (gives you joy) or hate doing. You should spend most of your time doing what you love, tiresome tasks should be eliminated (if not necessary) or automated (so things like direct debits, using your laptop or phone facilities - all bills get paid but no need to think about them). That's the general idea.

I need to change, systems need to change and I need to eliminate as much paper as possible.

ccl remember your basic self-care, (try) to sleep, eat properly, shrug off stress and breathe.(all easier said than done but needed)

Today I am grateful for taxis, for a quiet day with mum (until her partner came home, he was chatty - said the staff were hitting him, was back at work, in the army and asked if his mother called - I said not today and made sensible remarks about my machine) and for overcoming this latest illness (even though it has a sting in it's tail).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport