one day at a time

Comments

• safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just realized yesterday that we have a BHol looming and a harder and longer weekend than usual with OH......................need to plan some days out with DS, might even book a few jobs in for Monday..really would rather be at work....anyway not going to think about it today...so head firmly in the sand...............:(
    Better late than never but have started 50p a day challenge for Xmas and added to my finances below ..:)
    Off out early this morning....................early start earlier finish

A.. store Card £400 /CC B £1,420/ CC S £1,600/ CC A £800....£4,200 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£70,190 paid £29,810 remaining….EF..240.00 total....Xmas fund £1.50 (**Total 70,430**)........
  • Hope the extended weekend isn't too difficult for you.

Yay to tree scheme! Cheers Mr Grumpy Neighbour! :beer: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,535 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You take care if he's going to drink he will probably do so anyway so if he does why not just go out and enjoy yourself with friends and family.

Hope he doesn't of course but you're not his mother he should be able to retrain himself.

Take care
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• safehouse
    Thanks guys, ....happy face this evening :D:D. OH has to work tomorrow.... I have day out planned with DS for Saturday and Monday with family.....visiting Dsis1 4pm Sunday hoping Dsis2 might be going carboot on Sunday morning, anyway thinking I have covered most of weekend. I know this looks silly but have to plan ahead. To be fair OH hasn't been to bad this week but things can easily about turn................
    Enjoy your Bank Hol weekend everyone..xx
  • safehouse
    Meeting Dmama this morning then walk around a couple of charity shops...............hoping to have a fugal but enjoyable morning, sandwiches to be made.:D
    Decided to paint my old conservatory furniture, sideboard and table and chairs.give them a new lease of life. Selling green furniture chalk paint Ald1 only 4.99 a tin...make a start when I get back today sand paper & roller needed first poundyland here I come :D.

A.. store Card £400 /CC B £1,420/ CC S £1,600/ CC A £800....£4,200 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£70,190 paid £29,810 remaining….EF..240.00 total....Xmas fund £1.50 (**Total 70,430**).......
  • safehouse
    edited 28 August 2016 at 9:20AM
    Right..no major explosions as yet.........minor rubbish on Friday evening with OH, but nothing I couldn't handle. Yesterday was a lovely day out.. OH was working till late last night, worked really hard actually to give him his credit ....expecting him to have a sore head this morning tho (heavy Saturday night and still in bed), but have planned to go out with DS nice bus ride, then pop in Dsis later today :D....leaving only the Bank Hol Monday to organise :eek:.......been quite a military operation this weekend spending more time outdoors than in................anyway best get my glad rags on and make a move before Mr Grumps gets out of bed looking for the paracetamol...;)
  • safehouse
    Weekend ticking along better than expected so far! .Had really nice morning out yesterday, found 2 great bargains from the men section RI mens jumpers for OH priced at only.... wait for it...."50p each" wow even asked at the checkout, thought they had been tagged with the wrong sale price, then visited Dsis in the afternoon, good giggle....
    Hoping to make a payment off CC and into mortgage Tues or wed depending on when customers make invoice payment.
    Also haven't done food shop yet trying to hold out.. have plenty in the freezer, so might just buy essentials today.
    Plan to have morning out with DS and Dmama this morning.....have no plans for the afternoon, OH saying he might be working today hmmm not convinced!..............if he does I might start sanding down my old sideboard in conservatory this afternoon, ready to paint, plus cant keep ignoring overflowing ironing. Must admit looking forward to having the house to myself for a few hours.:D:D

DS £300/ A.. store Card £400 /CC B £1,420/ CC S £1,600/ CC A £800....£4,500 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£70,190 paid £29,810 remaining….EF..240.00 total....Xmas fund £4.50 (**Total 70,430**).......
  • safehouse
    :D:D Wow incident free/happy Bank Hol Weekend ....:D:D
    Invoice paid into bank this morning £170 paid straight into mortgage...still owed roughly £100 this week and destined for CC payment..;)
    Slept in today , with 2 house cleans on the books so off I go Xx

DS £300/ A.. store Card £400 /CC B £1,420/ CC S £1,600/ CC A £800....£4,500 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£70,370 paid £29,530 remaining….EF..240.00 total....Xmas fund £6.50 (**Total 70,610**).......
  • So pleased your weekend went well Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • safehouse
    Thanks Lucky...Hard work but organisation is the key.............well it helps Xx
    Congratulations on your new four legged little member of the family :T , just like my mollymoo bet you have him spoiled rotten :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure