My New Diary!

Comments

• you dont knwo if you dont ask do you :) x
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tinka21
    Tinka21 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Did a quick tot up of the figures and with the reduced figures that have been accepted and my normal payments that I have made this month, I have paid off £499 already! Really hoping I can keep the momentum going!

My DS1 wants some new games for his DS and offered to sell some of his xbox games that he has completed to fund it. Bless him he is only 6 but trying to teach him the value of everything, I think it is working.

I want to try and plan every event throughout the year (birthdays easter etc) so that I am not caught short at any point. Ive been on the occasions board getting lots of ideas so have started a list.

I have also been really good and not been to the sales once! Plus I only have £3 to last me a week! lol On the plus side though I have gas and electric and have bought food for the week so not in need of anything, except a birthday card for the father as its his birthday on the 31st Dec!

Hope everyone has a had a good christmas :)
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • how cte is your DS1

Great news on the payments so far :) x
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

• Tinka21
    He is lovely bless him :)

DH won't let me take the christmas decs down yet but I'm itching to get it done, mainly so I can then also go through the house and see if anything needs to go on ebay!

I have been surveying like mad and one of them does pay off as make around £10 a month in vouchers from it, so my thoughts are to use these vouchers for birthdays throughout the year. There are lots to choose from but I mainly go for Argos or next.

I have also told DH that next xmas we aren't buying our nephews as I'm fed up of his sisters asking for expensive presents for their kids and then they buy our kids complete cheap tat! I would rather we just didn't bother with each other so we can spend the money on just our own and thats it!

Also DH isn't impressed because all his mum got him was a tin of quality street yet his 4 sisters all got £50 each, so he said he isn't buying her next year either!

Anyway xmas rant over! lol I think i'm getting the January blues already as feel soooo grumpy today!
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • Tinka21
    I have also ordered my love 2 shop vouchers for next xmas too!
  • Wow seem a few of us are having the same conversations, we have friends with 4 kids who we always buy nice gifts for well thought of presents some personalised bits from vistaprint a watch brolly for school n some chocs and they turn up with a value fleece from tesco all creased and its truely not about the money but if u really can't be arsed don't bother at all I say ... MIL Turned up with a lynx set for hubby lol his bro 36 living at home got £300 playstation 3 so she's on the blacklist too lol family huh... Itl all be forgotten by next year but their all on the grinch list on the plus side everything but thevtree is down whoohoo n that's down tomorrow , your not on ya own lol x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • Tinka21
    So glad its not just our family! And like you say its not about the money at all it's just the thought (or lack of) thats the problem!

I was making a list of the family birthdays and most we only buy cards for but they can cost a small fortune on their own so have been looking at job lots on ebay which I figure could save us money in the long run :)
  • Tinka21
    Happy new year everyone :)

Well the first post of the year was a debt collector letter but I was pleased as it was from the third debt in line to sort out. they offered me a £55 discount for full and final settlement so wrote straight back to them to accept!

Still waiting to hear back from the other one I wrote to with an offer but I'm so happy with how things are going at the moment.

I have also bought 25 birthday cards for £1.50 off ebay. Hopefully I'll be able to use them but if not i'll carboot them! lol
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    great theat they accepted. a good start to getting everything sorted so have to take that as a positive start to the year :)

• Tinka21
    I know I'm doing the easy bits first so the rest of the year will be more challenging but I know i'll have 3 debts paid by the end of February which will bring me down to having 9 huge ones left. My plan is though to try and save some money in a seperate account enabling me to try and offer some full and final settlements on them too. Ideally I would like at least 5 debts paid off this year.

Ive signed up to a couple of things on my Android phone that should bring small amounts of income in over the year but it all helps. I have also put in another bid on some more greetings cards as I think the return would be worth it at a carboot sale and we always do at least a couple a year.

...At least thats the plan! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure