Holiday in France

Options
Hi
I am looking for a week away in France the first week of the summer holidays - 23rd July. There are 2 adults and 2 kids - we went using Sun holidays 2 years ago but the dates don't work this year. I have been looking at airbnb as Eurocamp etc costs near £1000. Is there any other sites I should try similar to airbnb? I am looking to be within an hour of Eurodisney if possible. Any help gratefully received

Comments

• donna1979
    donna1979 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry should have said driving and most likely ferry! I might be missing something as the Eurodisney thread is so long but most on there seemed to be for the immediate area around the park.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many campsites have accommodation that you can book direct, just have a google. This should be must cheaper than Eurocamp.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • donna1979
    donna1979 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be many campsites in the area! Only 3 in the Ile de France. That's why I was considering private rentals too. LOts to choose from on Airbnb though
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    donna1979 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be many campsites in the area! Only 3 in the Ile de France. That's why I was considering private rentals too. LOts to choose from on Airbnb though

HI,

I have sent you an email about our gite in France - also look at cheznous.com - they have lots of French gites for rent.

Thanks Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    donna1979 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking for a week away in France the first week of the summer holidays - 23rd July. There are 2 adults and 2 kids - we went using Sun holidays 2 years ago but the dates don't work this year. I have been looking at airbnb as Eurocamp etc costs near £1000. Is there any other sites I should try similar to airbnb? I am looking to be within an hour of Eurodisney if possible. Any help gratefully received
    We had an AirbNb in Chessy a few years ago.

Chessy is very handy and close to Disney and has a railway station for trains into Paris and from CdG airport.
    And Provins is worth the time to drive and look.

Unfortunately the Air bNb was the worst accom we've ever had anywhere and the owner was very arrogant about things.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure