Options
2»

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    macfly wrote: »
    I agree with the two of you, but the bit about interest puzzles me. I've read a few times that paypal make no gain from the money in their accounts, but if they don't they are foolish. I'm not suggesting this is the reason behind their rules for one minute. However all cash rich businesses I know of do make interest on their deposits. Cash flow control is very highly paid.
    I'm pretty sure that Paypal/Ebay would be clued up how to make money.
    I think all financial institutions have restrictions on how they 'invest' other people's money. Other cash rich businesses, as you say, will profit on interest.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jaksden wrote: »
    Well I think its probably going to kill it dead for me. Many thanks for all your comments.

When you listed it comes up with a notice telling you monies may be held. Did you not see this?
  • prestonblue
    prestonblue Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well agree on the feedback requesting dont do it, but it just winds me up when buyers cant be arsed to let me know they have received their item ive got three of the bone idle muppets at the moment all on fairly low feedback numbers they need the feedback more than me dont they see feedback is very handy when using ebay :mad::mad::mad:
    Blue n White
  • discountmummy
    discountmummy Posts: 779 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well agree on the feedback requesting dont do it, but it just winds me up when buyers cant be arsed to let me know they have received their item ive got three of the bone idle muppets at the moment all on fairly low feedback numbers they need the feedback more than me dont they see feedback is very handy when using ebay :mad::mad::mad:

Depends really I have two accounts one for buying and one for selling, im not bothered about the feedback on the buying one and the last thing I brought the seller hasnt left me feedback so I think why should I!

On my selling account I always leave feedback once Ive received payment and most the time I get feedback back, I even had an email yesterday praising me saying how rare that I had left feedback already and how they would leave some in return as soon as they received there item, so it just goes to show that leaving prompt feedback as a seller can result in it being returned.
    :hello:
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad :p:D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You don't need feedback on a buying account. Once you get to 5 feedback you can't be blocked at all except by blocking your iD personally. Even zero feedback buyers can bid on most aucitons where seller doesn't require them to have a card registered.

Buyers can only have positive feedback anyway, so as a buyer I don't care at all about feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

If they don't complain they have received the item. Whats the problem? They don't need the feedback so your getting yourself stressed over nothing really
  • prestonblue
    prestonblue Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree feedback dont matter for a buyer but as a seller you live or die by your feedback like me the 3 muppets in question also sell on the one account :mad:
    oh and to prove im not stressed im including the new David and Nick simile :love:
    Blue n White
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I agree, it sucks. I remember starting off 18 months ago and asking exactly the same question on here as 21 days was a long time to wait when the goods had already been paid for, but you didn't get the revenue to replace them until 3 weeks had passed.

Best advise I got was to leave feedback for them immediately. If the buyer doesn't leave feedback after a week, just send 1 email (and no more!) thanking them for their business, hope you're happy, blah blah, and saying you'd appreciate if they could leave their feedback soon as Paypal were holding their payment to you.

A lot of buyers don't realise new sellers have to jump through this hoop and some will be willing to help you out if you inform them. But it really puts a spanner in the works if trying to establish yourself.

All the best.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family