Money Moral Dilemma: Should I pay more towards bills?

1235»

Comments

• I don't think you're much of a friend to know that your "friend" is struggling to pay the bills and you're letting them WHILST YOU EARN TWICE AS MUCH.

That is unkind and mean IMO.

I suggest you immediately start paying more and be a real friend.

Sorry, happyinflorida, but I think this is way too judgemental for the situation outlined in this dilemma. Just 'paying more' is just a short-term solution and doesn't help much, while not interfering in someone else's financial affairs is allowing them to be their own person and manage their own life like an independent adult. Being aware of the inequalities of the situation and looking for advice with a view to providing meaningful assistance in a tactful way, now that's real friendship.
  • I agree with others - if you were a couple, then proportion your payments to how much you each earn. But as you're not, just split it 50-50. But you could afford to be generous every now and then; and save some money too.
  • amal83
    amal83 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Agree with others, if you were in a relationship and you were the higher earner, then yes. Otherwise maybe help your friend out more in social costs, such as restaurant meals, cinema, an occasional drink etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure