PIP Help

Comments

• acooper95
    acooper95 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    You need to ask the DWP for an IS10 form to be sent to your son so he can claim the SDP.

Thank you. Will do that tomorrow. Sods law when I want to query it all they closed at the weekend!
  • acooper95
    Also, is SDP paid with ESA or PIP?
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SDP is paid as part of income based ESA.
  • acooper95
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    SDP is paid as part of income based ESA.

Thanks for confirming. So hopefully should be around £373.80 fortnightly ESA and SDP.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Yes that is exactly what I get for ESA SG with SDP.

Tom
  • acooper95
    edited 20 March 2017 at 11:37AM
    Well DWP are being a nightmare this morning. Won't send him a IS10 form as she 'cant' and she cant manually update the ESA claim and add SDP. Unsure why and told me she will find out and call me within 5 days. Not happy. (UPDATE: Phoned again and it had been processed and backdated from 21st November)

LHA is £68.35 a week so that will stay the same, as will the council tax support. Lives in a 2 bed house since partner left a year ago. Easier to stay than move out with the stress.

Just looking at benefit amounts and should be on:
    ESA £125.05 a week
    Housing £68.35 a week
    SDP £61.85 a week
    PIP £76.90 a week

= £1,328 a month which is great. Little **** will get more than me and I work!

Suffice to say he will not be contesting the points.
  • Savile wrote: »
    Andy you wonder why people get annoyed when they moan they don't get much or want more!

Benefits pay too well there is little incentive to get better or report change it is equivalent to about £21k salery per year. Without the hassle of a job.

Many people on the sick could only dream of earning that much due to poor skills and education.

Don't forget all the other perks that come with benefits like dentists prescriptions and other freebies.

Benefits are no longer a safety net.
    My gripe is why do people who are compensated for a disability get extra money because they are disabled when claiming a means tested benefit?
    Why do these 'disability premiums' exist? If the government are making these premium awards because they actually believe that what DLA/PIP pays out is too small, then they should increase DLA/PIP to the right level. Why is a disability being compensated twice?
  • acooper95
    My gripe is why do people who are compensated for a disability get extra money because they are disabled when claiming a means tested benefit?
    Why do these 'disability premiums' exist? If the government are making these premium awards because they actually believe that what DLA/PIP pays out is too small, then they should increase DLA/PIP to the right level. Why is a disability being compensated twice?

I actually agree with you.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Probably for the same reason we have lots of different taxes... just as per biological evolution the default is to add on to or amend what is existing to address an arising issue.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 11:46AM
    Savile wrote: »
    Andy you wonder why people get annoyed when they moan they don't get much or want more!

Benefits pay too well there is little incentive to get better or report change it is equivalent to about £21k salery per year. Without the hassle of a job.

Many people on the sick could only dream of earning that much due to poor skills and education.

Don't forget all the other perks that come with benefits like dentists prescriptions and other freebies.

Benefits are no longer a safety net.
    We are talking here about disabled people... or in particular a disabled person. To use terms like perks in that context along with other people having a moan seems somewhat telling of your character. In any case you'd have to put into context those extra costs of disability... disabilities I'm sure people would rather be without.

People are always wanting more... this is not an exclusive trait of benefit claimants... when I was in work it seemed to be the daily chatter or complaint. In fact because they spent so much time talking about it I had to compensate for their lack of efficiency... which led me to claim I should be paid more.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure