Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DAVID WARKS
    • By DAVID WARKS 13th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DAVID WARKS
    How old is your mobile?
    • 13th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    How old is your mobile? 13th Mar 17 at 10:53 AM
    Hi, I love the fact that my mobile is so cheap as i'm now out of contract. The thought of paying £20, £30 or even £40 + on a mobile a month now seems crazy to me. Lots of people seem to jump through hoops trying to keep up with ever changing phones but do they make your life any better?

whos with me? let me know what mobile you have, how old and how much a month?
Page 3
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 25th Mar 17, 7:48 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    iPhone 4 that I've had for about 3 years. It was a free upgrade from my previous phone, an ITC Desire (what a misnomer!). When my contract ran out last year Three moved me on to a £9 pm all you can eat calls and data, which is great, and much better than the contract I had with them before. It's only for 1 year though so I don't know if they will be as generous next time. I don't use it that much though so I'm not costing them a lot.
    • thescouselander
    • By thescouselander 25th Mar 17, 8:06 AM
    • 5,039 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    thescouselander
    I have 4 mobiles.

My main phone is a Nexus 5x which I picked up 6 months ago. I use an iPhone 6 for work which they gave me back in December. Then I have a Moto X and an xeperia z3 compact which serve as backups and which Mrs thescouselander borrows - these must be around 18 months old.
    • synth
    • By synth 25th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    synth
    I purchased my iPhone 6s outright for £512. This was in September 2016. As it has so much space/memory, I plan to keep it for a good while!

I am on a SIM only deal with 3 Mobile at the moment. £9 per month. 4GB data, unlimited texts and calls (they had a special offer going. Usual price for this would be £17 normally.)

It's a 12 month contract. The price will go back to £17 once the contract ends. I plan to find something else then.
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 25th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 1,328 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    I still have a Motorola V220 (somewhere), still works.

Also a Motorola RAZR, thinking about getting a new battery for it. (I feel the need to play Snake again)

Still using my nokia 6302i because it is bulletproof and goes forever on a charge.

Recently decided to go the smartphone route with a HTC Desire X which I promptly dropped and smashed.
    Followed by a Nokia 920 which was nice but then the SIM reader quickly went belly up.
    Finally got a Sony Xperia T which does everything I want and it still works. This means the old faithfull Nokia will soon be retired.

All were bought second hand on PAYG (this is MSE after all) and I've never bought a new phone or had any monthly plan.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 25th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 14,301 Posts
    • 56,161 Thanks
    Judi
    Sony Experia M2. Its about 2 years old.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • wess_lawson
    • By wess_lawson 26th Mar 17, 12:56 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    wess_lawson
    I am still using old flagship phone Samsung s6.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,846Users online

Martin's Twitter