Samsung Complaints procedure

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ishane2015 wrote: »
    I couldn't identify how to start your own thread.
    Click on the red button (top left of the forum index) marked "New Thread"

However, I'm not sure you need to start a new thread as you don't appear to be asking anything about Consumer Rights?
  • Can someone please post the email address of the CEO of both Samsung and Carphone Warehouse as I would like to raise a complaint?
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2016 at 12:30AM
    Can someone please post the email address of the CEO of both Samsung and Carphone Warehouse as I would like to raise a complaint?

The link I was going to post will not display.

Do a google search for "CEO addresses". You will find a website (whose name you can possibly guess) that lists them for most large companies.

(As an aside, I would not complain to a CEO unless I had tried the more usual routes first.)
  • Beware of samsung,
    Bought an American style fridge freezer 3 years ago,few days later just out of warranty the motor and thermostat stop working.Trying to get hold of anyone in customer service who can speak the queens language,or is indeed interested is an impossability.You either end up in a philipines call centre speaking to operaters with bogus names such as Dave or Tracy who cannot grasp the English language,funny thing happened last night spoke to one called Honey Grace i made her spell it.so theyve got there own Honey G .Lol.Even wrote to the President of Samsung.Dont hold your breath still nothing happened,we will just have to skip it,its outrageous!
    His name whether its genuine or not is as follows;

MR SANG HO JO
    PRESIDENT
    SAMSUNG HOUSE
    1000 HILLSWOOD DRIVE
    CHERTSEY
    SURREY
    KT16 OPS

Good luck! LOOKING AT ALL THE COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS OUTFIT SURELY THE TV SHOW WATCHDOG SHOULD INVESTIGATE THEM,
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    Beware of samsung,
    Bought an American style fridge freezer 3 years ago,few days later just out of warranty the motor and thermostat stop working.Trying to get hold of anyone in customer service who can speak the queens language,or is indeed interested is an impossability.You either end up in a philipines call centre speaking to operaters with bogus names such as Dave or Tracy who cannot grasp the English language,funny thing happened last night spoke to one called Honey Grace i made her spell it.so theyve got there own Honey G .Lol.Even wrote to the President of Samsung.Dont hold your breath still nothing happened,we will just have to skip it,its outrageous!
    His name whether its genuine or not is as follows;

MR SANG HO JO
    PRESIDENT
    SAMSUNG HOUSE
    1000 HILLSWOOD DRIVE
    CHERTSEY
    SURREY
    KT16 OPS

Good luck! LOOKING AT ALL THE COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS OUTFIT SURELY THE TV SHOW WATCHDOG SHOULD INVESTIGATE THEM,
    Did you buy this fridge direct from Samsung?

Did you know that your statutory rights are with whoever sold the thing to you?
  • Samsung customer service is really bad - we need someone urgently to fix our washing machine - I've had to send photos to them - they said they would contact me in 24 hours - there story has now changed to 3 to 5 business days - I have asked to speak to a manager or their complaints department as they are not giving consistent information and I've been told no one is available - genuinely terrible service !
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    stuartc77 wrote: »
    Samsung customer service is really bad - we need someone urgently to fix our washing machine - I've had to send photos to them - they said they would contact me in 24 hours - there story has now changed to 3 to 5 business days - I have asked to speak to a manager or their complaints department as they are not giving consistent information and I've been told no one is available - genuinely terrible service !
    How long have you had your machine?
    Did you buy it directly from Samsung?
    Have you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide?
    Did you buy it using credit? Maybe a credit card?
  • johhnnyt
    johhnnyt Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 July 2017 at 8:13PM
    My issue was with a promotion they offered, buy an s8, get a gear 360 camera for $49. I bought the phone directly from Samsung (not from Verizon or another third party). They never sent the promotion, so asked to get it sent, been told they manually submitted it, be done in 72 hours. Now 8 weeks later 20+ emails and 6 phone calls, still no closer than where I started. I would suggest filing a complaint with BBB or your states Consumer Affairs Office. The only thing Samsung seems to be able to say is "I apologize for all inconvenience this may have caused you" . No matter who you talk to what case # was assigned to the issue, you have to explain the whole issue from the start with every person you email or talk with.
    You could try
    ecomm08@partner.sea.samsung.com, it says it comes from
    Office of the President-Samsung Direct, but in the email it states I work with the office of president, so guessing its coming from their customer service center which I was told by someone is in the Phillipines

They don't provide any help/support anyway, they just gives the same response
    "I apologize for all inconvenience this may have caused you, and if you have any other questions or concerns please email me back. We at Samsung appreciate your business, have a wonderful day."
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Verizon that's not a UK company .
  • My son recently upgraded to the latest samsung phone (May time) He was persuaded to tie himself into a two year contract at £51 a month!!! Within 6 weeks this phone stopped charging. He took it back to Tesco's where he bought it from to be told it would have to be sent off to be fixed. He did this and was without a phone for about a month - still being charged of course! They charged him £62 to fix this which he paid as he was desperate to get his phone back. A few months later and the same problem occurs! Again he takes it back to Tesco and again they say it has to be sent off. This time they want £268 to fix it!!!!! I spoke to them at length and they said the cost was because the screen is cracked and this voids the warranty! (you can barely see this 'crack'!) I pointed out to them that the crack was nothing to do with the fault that there was something fundamentally wrong with the phone and that it was clearly 'not fit for purpose!' and that he wasn't asking for them to fix the screen or anything else merely the fault but they refused to budge on this matter. I have never heard of anything so ludicrous in my life. It is disgraceful customer service which they shouldn't be allowed to get away with. I'm trying to find a way to complain to Samsung direct but this is proving impossible. Would appreciate any advice and would advise people NOT to touch samsung products.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure