Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Acpike123
    • By Acpike123 20th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Acpike123
    B&Q appalling customer service
    • 20th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    B&Q appalling customer service 20th Mar 17 at 6:37 PM
    I bought a load of laminate flooring from B & Q, I've never had a problem with them before and had been a good customer.

During installation I noticed the boards popping up, I telephoned their customer service who were very apologetic and told me to take lots of photos. Unfortunately he did not tell me that if I took the flooring up I would invalidate the guarantee!!

I went into the store and the manager referred me to open a case and to telephone customer service.

They refused to open a case and messed me around for 2 weeks. Finally a case was opened and after another 2 weeks they basically accused me of lying and that they were closing the case and I could have 10% off future purchases!!

Wouldn't allow me to escalate the case !!

Advise that I write to HQ, which I did asking for case to be escalated and a copy of the recording of my initial conversation with their customer service (this is called a subject access request- under data protection Act). My complaint was then handed back to the original customer service team, where I was told they were yet again closing my complaint and I should seek 3rd party advice!! No reference to my request.

In frustration I have taken to social media to let others know about what can happen if you buy laminate from B&Q and how poor their customer service is!! I will continue to fight with them and will share my experience with all potential customer of what you can expect!!!
Page 3
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 23rd Mar 17, 8:36 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 17,992 Thanks
    mije1983
    I thought and hoped this forum was set up to allow people to share their experiences and to inform other consumers, so that they can make informed decisions.
    Originally posted by Acpike123
    It is a forum to help people with their consumer rights. That's legal rights not consumer 'wants'. There is a big difference! Good customer service is not a legal requirement for any company.

If your intention was just to share your experience then the Praise, Vent & Warnings forum would have been a more appropriate place to put this.

Also, the very nature of forums is that not everyone will agree with you. If you just want people to agree with you then talk to your friends. If you want a wide range of differing opinions then post on a forum.

To add, what you actually got in the end WAS good customer service. They were under no obligation to do anything for you until you had proven that the fault was with the product and not with the installation of it.
    Last edited by mije1983; 23-03-2017 at 8:39 PM.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 23rd Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    • 18,124 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    How on earth as an armchair critic can you make such judgements?
    I'm surprised you aren't accusing me of being employed by the retailer

You have totally disregarded overwhelming evidence from numerous other customers
    This thread is discussing only your experience
    I thought and hoped this forum was set up to allow people to share their experiences and to inform other consumers, so that they can make informed decisions.
    My final word on the subject is that if you had a valid complaint and been treated in any way unfairly, the forum would have rallied to support you. The fact that not one respondent to this thread has taken your side should be enough to tell you that you haven't been treated unfairly at all.

Read the forum, only rarely does an OP get a 100% negative response. We are on the side of the consumer, but only when the consumer has been wronged and then only when they act reasonably.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,846Users online

Martin's Twitter