Great deal for landline only with BT Home Phone Saver including UK calls anytime

Options
an1179
an1179 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
I cannot see this deal mentioned anywhere. So here goes

My Mum only uses the landline phone (if she could master a mobile phone we could sort a really cheap sim only deal.)

Most providers have extortionate rates as they only do broadband inclusive landline deals. After sifting through lots of information I landed on this deal from BT

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55814/~/learn-about-home-phone-saver-2019

Learn about Home Phone Saver 2019

Just want a telephone service from BT? With our Home Phone Saver 2019 deal you can benefit from a price promise where the price is set at £21.99 a month.
The price of Home Phone Saver 2019 is guaranteed to stay the same until 2019 – giving you peace of mind.
What you get:
Your monthly line rental
Unlimited calls to UK landlines at any time, for up to an hour
Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers at any time, for up to an hour
Free 1471 Call Return
Inclusive 1571 Call Return if you have the BT Answer 1571 voicemail service
BT Privacy with Caller Display and Anonymous Call Reject for free when you opt-in
You can pay for Home Phone Saver 2019 by any means of payment.
Home Phone Saver 2019 is a telephone only deal, so can't be taken out as part of our BT Broadband or BT Infinity packages.

How do I order Home Phone Saver 2019?
Just call 0800 587 7218, between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends.

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are several million "landline only" BT customers who should be on this deal.

The crucial point is that BT Home Phone Saver includes an unlimited number of anytime calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers as long as each call is less than 60 minutes long, and it is priced just £3 per month higher than BT line rental.

Those who have a deal with only weekend, or evening and weekend, inclusive calls are paying 21p per call plus 12p per minute for weekday daytime calls. After just one five-minute daytime call per week they have already spent more than BT Home Phone Saver would have cost.

BT Home Phone Saver also includes caller display and voicemail and half price calls to UK mobile numbers. It lags other providers who offer inclusive calls to mobile numbers. HPS also includes calls to premium rate 0845 and 0870 numbers.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Not a bad deal.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    an1179 wrote: »
    I cannot see this deal mentioned anywhere. So here goes

My Mum only uses the landline phone (if she could master a mobile phone we could sort a really cheap sim only deal.)

Most providers have extortionate rates as they only do broadband inclusive landline deals. After sifting through lots of information I landed on this deal from BT

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55814/~/learn-about-home-phone-saver-2019

Learn about Home Phone Saver 2019

Just want a telephone service from BT? With our Home Phone Saver 2019 deal you can benefit from a price promise where the price is set at £21.99 a month.
    The price of Home Phone Saver 2019 is guaranteed to stay the same until 2019 – giving you peace of mind.
    What you get:
    Your monthly line rental
    Unlimited calls to UK landlines at any time, for up to an hour
    Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers at any time, for up to an hour
    Free 1471 Call Return
    Inclusive 1571 Call Return if you have the BT Answer 1571 voicemail service
    BT Privacy with Caller Display and Anonymous Call Reject for free when you opt-in
    You can pay for Home Phone Saver 2019 by any means of payment.
    Home Phone Saver 2019 is a telephone only deal, so can't be taken out as part of our BT Broadband or BT Infinity packages.

How do I order Home Phone Saver 2019?
    Just call 0800 587 7218, between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends.

I arranged this for my mother last week after I saw a previous thread on this board. But note that there is an additional charge for the 1571 service (just about to increase). I can't remember the exact amount but it is around about £2.50 extra a month.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ian011 wrote: »
    There are several million "landline only" BT customers who should be on this deal.

The crucial point is that BT Home Phone Saver includes an unlimited number of anytime calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers as long as each call is less than 60 minutes long, and it is priced just £3 per month higher than BT line rental.

Those who have a deal with only weekend, or evening and weekend, inclusive calls are paying 21p per call plus 12p per minute for weekday daytime calls. After just one five-minute daytime call per week they have already spent more than BT Home Phone Saver would have cost.

BT Home Phone Saver also includes caller display and voicemail and half price calls to UK mobile numbers. It lags other providers who offer inclusive calls to mobile numbers. HPS also includes calls to premium rate 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Yes, it's BT's little secret. If too many older people knew about this BT's revenues would suffer.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ofcom has an ongoing investigation into the charges incurred by BT's "landline only" customers. This appears to be BT's attempt at pre-empting the findings and outcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure