BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Comments

• Martin Lewis October 2016 was on Morning breakfast banging on about BT 12 month deal through cable.co.uk

Had and email and confirmed it with BT customer support , they are cancelling £12 month contract and putting my Broadband up by staggering £14 a month , that is after about 3 Months .

Martin needs to be careful about ever promoting BT again, they are not to be trusted

I was with PlusNet ,
    • in the switch went down from 75 Mb/s to 52 Mb/s . I thought I can live with that get a better service. Service not a patch on PlusNet , if you get disconnected takes ~ 15 minutes to get reconnected .
    • I was on anytime , with PlusNet , bought sim card for £8/month thought use that for daytime calls and just use Evening . Did not read small print 7:00 pm it starts , hey ho.
    • It annoyed me every bill something wrong , BT support can't explain
    • one would think writ in to complain , been there done that emailed and I sent a letter in to complain , they did not acknowledge it. BT support I spoke to had no knowledge

Now moving provider , after 3 Month , Martins words ringing in my ears don't worry about changing for 12 months. The savings for 3 month lost because of the hefty £66 set up charge , OK got £125 reward but priced that in and never got the promised £50 cash back !!

Anyone know of good Internet provider , who honours their contract
  • Why not go back to Plusnet as a new customer? I've been happy with them and there are standard and fibre offers listed on MSE. You could also use a Plusnet referral from the referrals board if you'd like to help someone. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2404513&page=9
  • It just got a lot better.

I am now looking for a new contract doing a price compare , already looked at Plus Net. The only problem is the hassle of changing and especially changing 2 SIM cards, but I can live with that.

In the process of looking for a better deal BT are advertising almost identical 12 month contract at a cheaper price than I am paying today before the price hike £29.99 on cable.co.uk and they want cancel my existing 12 month contract after just 3 month and increase my charges to £47.49 . BT support team keep telling me I am getting a better service for £47.99 .

I seriously pity BT customers who are being treated with such contempt "cash cows" I mean can anyone either believe or explain to me the actions of BT to cancel peoples contract put up prices, but offer seriously lower prices to attract new customers
  • jimmyjoe7
    jimmyjoe7 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I signed up for the BT deal through a link on this site in March "Fibre b/b & line rental £408 for one year with £200 preloaded Mastercard & £50 cashback"
    Broadband and line are activated.
    I checked online at BT to claim my reward on their site but was told I am not entitled to reward!
    Telephoned BT and ws told they dont deal with vouchers over the phone ,only by the website.i explained the website was telling me i wasnt entitled. Was then told to try again through the online "live chat" feature. i was informed to wait another 48 hours and they will contact me regarding the prepaid card,however for the £50 cash back reward I had to get that through Moneysavingexpert site.!
    Any suggestions please???
  • I also done the same recently, for (I think) £150 mastercard which I think has gone through successfully... but have no idea whats going on or how to claim the £50 cashback?
  • Weirdy
    Weirdy Posts: 8 Forumite
    After finishing with Sky BB 17mb which was very up and down re speed, so today, I swiched to BT Infinity 1 Unlimited @ £29.49 before Cashback via Quidco £155 (already tracking) and a £125 reward card from BT which without the £70 setup installation thing works out to £6.16 per month if all goes well.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I also moved to Bt, how dumb am I, when I paid yearly line rental up front, thought that was me for the year. However bill in today and they have increased their package prices. So credited me, what I paid in advance and billed me for new package prices. Not happy.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • I ordered BT Infinity 1 (with eve and weekend calls) on 21st March, it went live on 4th April. I went through Quidco (£100 cashback).

I have today received my £200 prepaid reward Mastercard.

Fibre broadband for £9/pm (taking into account cashback and reward card), nice! I was paying £18.99 to Sky for 17mb before i switched! The BT speed is also excellent (I get 50mb consistently, 9mb upload). Overall, v satisfied.
    'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it....for much longer!'
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know if there is a stipulation that such deals can only be taken advantage of once per household? For example, person A takes out BT broadband through quidco and cancels after the 12 month contract, at which point their partner takes out a new contract through quidco/TopCashback - is there a chance the cashback could be rejected as it is the same propert? Technically, however, it is a new customer so surely new customer deals should apply.
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I signed up for Bt Infinity on the £150 pre paid MasterCard and £50 cash back 15/4/17. It went live yesterday and I went to claim vis My BT and it says I am not eligible to claim. I followed the link from MSE which took me to BT .com and complied with the instructions given. Phoned Bt to query it and they admit its a mistake regarding the MasterCard and I should get it. BT deny any knowledge of the cash back offer. I didn't keep a screen shot of the deal and don't know where to find proof of it as the deal has now ended. Anyone else had a problem with this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure