I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Another good day bargain-hunting then!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Another good day bargain-hunting then!

I wasn't even "bargain hunting", just hoping there was something nice and quick for an easy tea..........chicken came to rescue!!
    It was weird, the staff were chasing customers around the store asking them if they wanted free bread and handing out smiley coupons...........the looks on the customers face were amazing and quite a few just froze and rejected the offer..........poor birds would have appreciated the food though.

This was in the new Byker Asda on the way back from Newcastle town centre and the same place I got loads of sausages after Xmas fo 15p per pack. I wish this was my local Asda. lol
    The locals there must have a "field day" and good luck to them!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    got a pork loin joint whoopsied today £11.87 down to £2.83, it wasnt in the whoopsie section looks like it was abandoned, no whoopsies left although i did see people in store with loads of whoopsies in their trolleys, so wil go earlier next time, still figuring out whoopsie times lol.

did a little shopping, im not cooing, gonna steam some rice and veg enough for a few meals, have loads of food from my grandmas party last night, beef, pork, fried chicken and curry, i did forget my mac and cheese, bit gutted but ah well.

need to take some milk out the freezer for this weeks porridge

my meat drawer was half empty, the racks of ribs came out and 1 pack of my aunt bessies 50p roasties, so the joint will go in, forgot i took sme salmon out, will bung it in the steamer as well, so will have a variety of lunches this week, if i run out i will take out the cooked chilli mince and use that up, off to put rice in the steamer.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    off to put rice in the steamer.

Does this work better in a steamer??
    never tried it as yet, may try my Tefal steamer next time.

Well done on your pork bargain...................and yes, get those "whoopsies" times sorted. :D

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • ms_night_ryder
    Lynsey i will faithfully promise to stalk mr s on a sunday until i know the time better than the staff lol :)

i really love my steamer! i only cook rice in there now, as there is no standing over it, no stuck to the bottom bits, just generally leave it and go, infact yesterday my cousin asked me to cook rice and i was quite taken back lol, didnt want to cook it but i did.

i got it in the last currys voucher thing, so paid 1.99 for it, best thing ive got apart from my slow cooker lol, its practically all i use now, apart from when im making a pasta dish.

those birds must love your garden, its like a regular feast lol.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • Sofiaki
    Sofiaki Posts: 31 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Sounds lovely but I would probably use a mixture of a creamy / soft cheese, and something blue and veiny for a strong flavour. Oh yes I would also recommend squeezing the spinach after you've defrosted it otherwise you'll end up with a soggy bottom! :D

Hope it turns out well.

Thanks VfM4meplse. I haven't made it yet. Problem is the only other cheese I have in the fridge is parmigganio (sp?), so I was trying to be sensible. Couldn't be bothered in the end and had a tin of soup instead. I'll make sure I don't get a soggy bottom lol. I think I have some frozen cheddar left in the freezer somewhere.

Wow Lynsey, I reckon you're the queen of the offers. Freebies! Taste even better eh?
  • Sofiaki
    Sofiaki Posts: 31 Forumite
    I remember trying to give away a free cinema ticket in the queue. It was ending that day and I wouldn't use it, so figured someone may as well benefit. I asked about 5 people. I then talked an old lady into it but she tried to give me money. I told her to buy her granddaughter an ice cream with the money she'd saved on the ticket and have a nice day. It was like pulling teeth!!!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    havent been on much, but all i bought all week was 2 litres of milk and a loaf of bread (all my whoopsie bread is gone :( )

moves going ahead so i need to use things up now as my freezer can't come :( i will be down to a wee fridge freezer, i did it before i can do it again :rotfl:we will be moving to an old family building instead of a mobile now, it's already converted and another family member lived for awhile.

just making quiche with the past there best eggs and ham for tomorrows lunch, chicken casarole for tea tomorrow :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 March 2012 at 9:39PM
    Sofiaki wrote: »
    I remember trying to give away a free cinema ticket in the queue..........

...................It was like pulling teeth!!!

Exactly!!
    There were lots of "speciality" breads available like fruit pave and spelt and honey pave which sell full price at £1.67, so over £3 worth of bread for free with every 2 taken and they still struggled to get rid of it!!
    Just had a bit of spelt and honey pave and you really can taste the honey, pretty nice.............................and something I would actually buy........................well reduced to 10p anyway. ;)

Just mentioned on the Lidl thread that the Lidl Deluxe Butter Fudge is very, very nice and only £1.25 for 150g.

Lynsey
  • ms_night_ryder
    just had dinner, rice and mixed veg, some pork a slice of beef and the last piece of fried chicken.

Went in the freezer for the bread and the freezer is noow full only a tiny bit of space, will do a list soon.

Realised i went a bit ott on bread buying whoopsies, i have 12 muffins 4 crumpets, 5 bread , bread thins, 12 pittas pockets and a loaf of wholemeal, so next weeks lunches will be that lol.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family