Present/Hamper ideas for Boyfriend

Hi everyone,
I tried searching this but I couldn't find anything, so shouldn't be a problem? :huh: :confused:
Okay so here's my problem.. I have a really really sweet boyfriend and for this Christmas we've decided that we're going to spend about £100 on each other.
I have already brought him:
  • x2 T-shirts
  • A pair of jeans
  • Cheap EDT
  • Choccies
  • A zip up jumper
And that's as far as i've got(all came to £40), but i need some more ideas... _pale_
He's self aware and likes to look and smell nice, he's joining the army and he is SO into that kind of stuff and he LOVES to cook(hehe lucky me:rotfl:.)
ALL and ANY ideas are welcome:D :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance
:rudolf: 26 DAYS TO GO!!:rudolf:
..xx
I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A

Comments

• pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why don't you do something around the cooking theme, as you've already got a good range of other stuff? (and what a lot for £40 - you must be very MSE!)

You could buy a large dish, tray or wok (instead of a box), add a cookery book, some ingredients and an apron, for example. Maybe Chinese? Or even cakes - there are lots of ideas for cookies in a jar etc on here. Or what about a breadmaker and some mixes/ingredients?
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • Oooh no hadn't thought of that :D
    Will have a look for cookies in a jar and things like that, he will love it, he's such a big kid bless him :rotfl:
    Thank you very much
    ...xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A
  • Yeah thats a good idea (adding to my list) ROFL
    He also plays PC games but i can never find any that he wants that are cheap lol
    ...xx
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got my dh a 'nuts about you keyring' was pretty steep at £14 but i know he'll love it! As its slushy but matcho at the same time.

A cd, dvd, picture of the two of you together in a nice frame?

I've also done my dh a retro sweet box it only cost £4 to do.
  • Zimm190
    Zimm190 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My boyfriend used to be in the army and is a real outdoors type - one of the things I've got him this year is a book about knots and rope and a load of rope to go with it - not the kind of thing that every guy would like but I know he'll love it! I've also got him some Kilimanjaro expedition maps as he climbed it earlier in the year.

Another thing I might get is something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320135068265

There's loads of outdoor/survival bits in this eBay shop.

I've also just finished knitting my boyfriend a willy warmer in his team's colours - apparently the soldiers used to wear them in the trenches in the first world war - could be a good joke gift/stocking filler if your boyfriend is joining the forces?! If you're not a knitter you can buy them on eBay for a few pounds (or I can knit you one in any colours you like!)
  • Zimm190 wrote: »
    I've also just finished knitting my boyfriend a willy warmer in his team's colours - apparently the soldiers used to wear them in the trenches in the first world war - could be a good joke gift/stocking filler if your boyfriend is joining the forces?! If you're not a knitter you can buy them on eBay for a few pounds (or I can knit you one in any colours you like!)
    :rotfl: :rotfl: My boyfriend would find that SO funny. Definatley something i hadn't thought of but would be useful!! Thank you, it did make me chuckle and brightened up me day :D
    Will look on the ebay shop for some things and thank you for offering to knit one for me!!It's much appreciated:beer:
    ..xx
  • Zimm190
    Zimm190 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Will look on the ebay shop for some things and thank you for offering to knit one for me!!It's much appreciated

No probs! If you can't find one you like send me a PM and I'll knit and send you one - they only take about an hour :-)
  • Update on the items i've brought my OH
    • x2 T-shirts
    • A pair of jeans
    • Cheap EDT
    • Choccies
    • A zip up jumper
    • A DVD
    • An army type belt
    • Jelly boobs
    On my to buy list;
    • A cook book
    • A scarf
    • A Willywarmer
    • A board game(Big Kid at heart)
    • 8-1 camping cutlery kit (with thanks to Zimm190)
    That's all i can think of atm bu i will edit this again later
    ..xx
  • Update on the items i've brought my OH
    • x3 T-shirts
    • A pair of jeans
    • Cheap EDT
    • Choccy message plaque
    • A zip up jumper
    • A DVD
    • An army type belt
    • Jelly boobs
    • Socks
    • Face cloth-25p!!:D
    • Sponge-19p!!
    • Mug 99p
    • Options sachets 58p
    • A board game
    • A glass jar(to put sweeties in:D )
    I've ordered a willywarmer:j and a camping cutlery kit like the one Zimm190 told me about:D And on monday i'm going to look in Woolies to see if they have 50% off and see what bits i can pick up cheaply(not just for him!!)

On my to buy list:
    • A cook book (?Maybe?)
    • A scarf
    • Sweeties (to go in his jar)
    • Homemade CD of love songs
    • Sex cheques
    • Day moisturising cream
    • Handmade IOU Cheques(eg Massage, takeaway, DVD, cooked meal etc)
    • Andy MacNab Book(as he was in the documentery)
    • Hair gel 99p(unless reduced)
    They're just ideas but anymore ideas are welcome as i think i could probably find this on the cheap espescially with the sales that are going on now-a-days.:j
    Thanks all.
    ..xx
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow - you've been busy! I'm sure your OH will be thrilled xmas morning when he has that lovely lot to open.

I am loving the willy warmer idea, my dh does shift works, mostly night on the railway, he's always complaining of the cold, esp this time of year so might go have a look for them now lol Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure