And Baby Makes Three....

Options

Comments

• turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 1,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    slow cooker - don't forget you can cook joints of meat in it, not just stews and casseroles. You can make curry too. Oh and sweet things like cakes, or bread..... have a google, it's very versatile
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Thanks TurtleMoose
    We do curry's, etc in the slow cooker - but tend to use the sharwoods and chicken tonight sauces, which can drive up the £££
    I will endeavour to find ways to do different dishes that do not drive up the cost.
    Thanks for the tips though, glad to get a reply. It feels lonely out here some days, with just a spreadsheet and an every growing bump!

Just started with adpoints, which is helping with nectar points - hoping to save money on diesel by using nectar points for diesel.
    Mortgage: 01/02/14 - £108k
    Mortgage: Current - £97k
    Mission: MF by 50
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    So, time is rapidly speeding up.
    I've cancelled a few DD's that we no longer needed and only 9 weeks till our bundle of joy arrives.
    Still no OP yet, as I am scrimping every penny I can to finish my car loan first - £8500 left to clear, then full on assault on the Mortgage!
    As Starship said - Nothings gonna stop us now!
    FLC
  • michel654
    Options
    you aer good to go FunLovinCriminal
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Hi All
    Been very busy recently, and neglected my blog. So here's my update.
    Two weeks away from the arrival of Little FLC, nursery all built (purchases from TCB)
    Mrs FLC all finished from work, and relaxing awaiting the stork to bring the baby!
    £6300 banked - basically money to cover us for the next few months while Mrs FLC is on maternity leave
    Still got approx £8000 car loan to wipe out. Once this has gone I can get into to the swing of Mortgage OP and building our savings back up - I struggle with the balancing act - We have £6300 in an ISA, yet £8000 in a car loan, but we need the cash to stay put (at least for a while) - am I doing the right thing here?????
    Nearly finished college - so nearly qualified in book-keeping to try and find some clients.
    Scary and Exciting times ahead.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Baby on the way how exciting!

Have you read/listened to Dave Ramsey on the topic of cars?
  • kirstypark
    kirstypark Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    very exciting times for you, well done on the savings.
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Hi Alchemilla and Kirstypark

Thanks for your comments, yeah exciting (scary) times ahead. Nursery all complete. The savings work out enough to cover Mrs FLC while she is on SMP, but by tightening belts somewhat I am hoping to use some and pay off car loan early.
    Still over two years on the car loan for her car, and my car will need replaced soon - I was really hoping that I could finish the car loan asap, and use the £200+ per month we would save to get a deposit on a new car for me, and OP the mortgage.
    Oh well, every penny saved is a penny closer to freedom.
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Well, less than a week to go.
    Can't sleep now, god knows what it will be like when LittleFLC arrives.
    Savings are all intact, and £8500 left on car loan, which is less that I thought - scheduled 3.5years till its gone.
    I would like to get it done sooner rather than later, then use the £205 per month to put some savings together for my car, which has seen better days, and make in roads into the mortgage.
    16years left till MF - I will be 54 - would love to get that to below 50 and MF
    However expensive days begin in 6 days!!
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well flc. I'm sure your aim of mf by 50 is possible :)

Lots of luck with the arrival of little flc. Remember that babies only cost how much you want them too!
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family