Bank of Scotland Credit Card

Options
I have a Bank of Scotland credit card and a Halifax current account. Does anyone know if I can move 'money' from my credit card into the Halifax account? I've been trying to find out from their website, but nothing particularly helpful there. When in my online bank account, although I can see the credit card and manage it from there, I'm not given any option to make a transfer. Just wondering if it is possible at all if there's a work around? I'm trying to avoid a 1.5% fee that I would incur by using my credit card to make a payment for something quite pricey?

TIA - sorry if this has been asked before

Comments

• Stevie_Palimo
    Options
    I am pretty sure the only way you can access funds from a credit card are as follows.

A purchase made.
    Withdraw cash from atm.
    Balance transfer.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    or have a credit card that does money transfers - but this usually incurs a fee of around 3% so the 1.5% fee is the cheaper option
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Loocie wrote: »
    I have a Bank of Scotland credit card and a Halifax current account. Does anyone know if I can move 'money' from my credit card into the Halifax account? I've been trying to find out from their website, but nothing particularly helpful there. When in my online bank account, although I can see the credit card and manage it from there, I'm not given any option to make a transfer. Just wondering if it is possible at all if there's a work around? I'm trying to avoid a 1.5% fee that I would incur by using my credit card to make a payment for something quite pricey?

TIA - sorry if this has been asked before

None of the BOS credit cards offer money transfers so you are out of luck.
    http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/creditcards/

Have a look below for cards which actually offer money transfers:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Loocie
    Loocie Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    No probs, it's not the end of the world, was just super-scrimping :-D Thanks for your answers though, very helpful
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Options
    Just logged into my Tesco credit card and I can transfer money from it into an account but at a fee much like the cash machine charges, Not noticed this on any other cards I hold.
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes certain cards allow the transfer of credit limit to any bank account with most unless on offer incurring a fee. MBNA, Barclaycard if you qualify and as you have seen Tesco their are others. Bank of Scotland do allow transfers online but you must be signed into their own app not Halifax or vice Versa, my current offer is 24 months 0% with fee but if your quick they also have an offer for half fee refund before the 31st thus was mailed to me so could be customer specific?

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport