Make £10 a day October 2016 Everybody Welcome

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had a lovely surprise this afternoon when a courier delivered a prize which I'd forgotten I'd entered to win as it was weeks ago. I had no email, phone call or anything to tell me I'd won, just a big mysterious box arriving. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I love unexpected happenings (when they're nice):j

I went to a big food/cookery fair ages ago and entered every prize draw available. This one was for a set of 5 Stellar 3000 pans. They are absolutely gorgeous in bright shiny ruby red:j. A nice prize, just been online and they sell anywhere from £117 on eBay to £134 on other sites.

Obviously I'm not going to include the price in my total as I would never have bought anything so luxurious/ expensive myself. In fact I wouldn't have bought any pans at all until my current mis-matched collection wears out and that could be years away.

Bit of a predicament though:o. Should I sell them and make some handy cash (in which case I would count the proceeds in my total as it would be 'free' money) or do I keep them for a day far in the future when I need them? It's a bit like those survey questions that ask whether we WANT the product or NEED it:rotfl:. I don't need these pans at the moment but I sure as heck want them. Can't stop drooling:j

congratulations! !!:beer::j:T

me personally would keep these if they are the heavy duty lasting type. and maybe see state of old pans and if they would sell. DH bought a box if pans from wilco and I suppose it was the equivalent of a value range as they didn't last long. the coating started coming off etc.
  • atti
    atti Posts: 224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    CBC - I'd keep the pans. We all need nice things once and a while.
    #13 Make 2023 in 2023 - £2085.20/£2023
    #23 Save £8k in 2023 - £6642.66/£8000
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    I thought I was in for a 'throbbing Thursday' instead of a thrilling one as I woke up at 5 with toothache.:eek:. Miraculously though, it's gone:j......
    plus £6.29 from Amazon which arrived in my bank overnight.
    Haha - sounds like it was quite 'thrilling' after all :rotfl:

1. Toothache disappeared :j
    2. Money from amazing :j
    3. Surprise win of super duper saucepans arrived :j

Sounds good to me :D and I'd keep the saucepans, carboot the old ones and use the new ones tomorrow - enjoy :rotfl:

Well done all the others who made monies today :T I have £3 to add from surveys today :j

Hope you all have a fantabadosy Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Aesop wrote: »
    congratulations! !!:beer::j:T

me personally would keep these if they are the heavy duty lasting type. and maybe see state of old pans and if they would sell. DH bought a box if pans from wilco and I suppose it was the equivalent of a value range as they didn't last long. the coating started coming off etc.

Yes, they're very heavy duty, they look as if they'll outlast me:rotfl:

I doubt anyone would want to buy my current ones though:eek:. Some of them belonged to my mum. Not exactly antique as such but almost as old as me. They made things to last in those days;). They aren't non-stick (which probably wasn't invented when they were made) so there isn't all that much to go wrong with them. They just look shabby after decades of using, scouring and washing. There's a mix of enamel(various colours), aluminium and stainless steel. No two alike:rotfl:. Some have dents from being dropped. I don't have them displayed when not in use so it's never bothered me what they look like.;)
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Yes, they're very heavy duty, they look as if they'll outlast me:rotfl:

I doubt anyone would want to buy my current ones though:eek:. Some of them belonged to my mum. Not exactly antique as such but almost as old as me. They made things to last in those days;). They aren't non-stick (which probably wasn't invented when they were made) so there isn't all that much to go wrong with them. They just look shabby after decades of using, scouring and washing. There's a mix of enamel(various colours), aluminium and stainless steel. No two alike:rotfl:. Some have dents from being dropped. I don't have them displayed when not in use so it's never bothered me what they look like.;)

I like Lynn's idea.car boot your current ones. someone maybe happy to have something built so well that it has lasted. what's a few dents as long as it works?
  • Aesop wrote: »
    I like Lynn's idea.car boot your current ones. someone maybe happy to have something built so well that it has lasted. what's a few dents as long as it works?

Might do that. Thanks, and thanks too to Lynne for the original suggestion:T. I certainly wouldn't try eBaying them:eek:.

I once had loads of pan lids, mainly from Mum. She never threw anything away that might come in handy (I wonder where I get it from?:rotfl:) and they didn't fit any of her or my current pans. I sold them all at a car boot sale, they were snapped up really quickly. I was only selling them for a few pennies each though. I wasn't bothered about the money, it was nice to think them having a new lease of life.
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Well done CBC on your win. I agree with everyone else that you should keep them.
    Another £5 paypal this morning from SBs. The sale is still on so I am swagging like mad at the moment.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Rosie x
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening lovelies

Golly it's quite on here. Are you all off on a 'Jolly' ? :rotfl:

Decided it's time to bite a bullet. Both mine and DH's phones have been playing up for a while now. Getting slower and slower, sometimes sticking and eating battery. I suppose being as they are now nearly two years out of contract they are due replacing :rotfl:

So have spent quite a bit of time looking on tinternet for new ones. Trouble is, being neither of us are very techie, and DH must have a reliable phone, we are loath to leave the network we are on and happy with Sammy phones. We also want to be able to 'pop back to the shop' if we have any probs or queries. So we are going to go visit the nice man in the car telephone shop t/m - wish us luck :D

Made a paltry £2.20 on surveys today :)

Hope you all have a sizzling Saturday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 15 October 2016 at 6:34AM
    I was thinking the same thing Lynne about it being quiet on here;). I expect a lot more people will be back as we get nearer to Christmas and need all the extra money we can muster.

I wrote a post yesterday and it disappeared:mad:. It was only to say I hadn't made any money:rotfl: but I rambled on a bit about Mystery Shopping which I think I might have another go at. I used to do it years ago but the cost of travel to assignments mostly wiped out any profits I made. Would be even worse now with petrol going up. Plus, I didn't think all the fast food I had to survey and consume was doing me much good:eek:. Didn't seem to get much else offered.

I've been getting emails again recently from one of the companies I worked for and their assignments look much more varied and interesting. I know even Aesop has problems sometimes with her submissions and payments and she's an expert so I worry that it's all gone a bit too high-tech for me nowadays:o. I don't have all the devices either, just a laptop and now, a secondhand digital camera off eBay. One of the car dealership assignments looked appealing though and well-paid too. Still thinking about it (although not that assignment as it's probably been snapped up by now). I saw they had some mobile phone shops as clients too;)

Just checked my bank online and see MySurvey have paid me £6. Nothing else to declare although am off to Morrisons in a few minutes and I think I'm due a £5 voucher. Will add it later.

Well done to anyone who's quietly making any money and hasn't reported in:T. No tabletop sales planned for the next couple of weekends for me so might investigate Etsy a bit more and get some things listed.

Have a good weekend everyone:beer:.

Good luck with your mobile phones, Lynne:).
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've had an awful week of money making...

£11.33 TCB, £5.25 Quidco, 7p Qmee and 20p found on the floor of the pub... The only positive is I had a night away on business so saved the cost of meals.

I seem to have bonus Nectar point vouchers coming out of my ears at the moment so I'm off to Sainsburys for this week's shopping. Probably will save up the points to buy my nephew's Christmas presents though, hopefully they'll do a double up offer on toys before Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure