Car boot sales in Edinburgh?

Comments

• Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
    Hi, sorry for taking so long to get back to you with this info which I have, eventually, gleaned from my daughter.

Corn Exchange near ASDA: apparently BRILLIANT car booty every saturday.

Apparently this is on every Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday one is the busiest and if you want to sell you have to be there about 7am. BTW it is Asda Chessar(sp?) store.

There is also meant to be a car boot sale in the car park of Big W this Saturday.
    :j
  • mclaren_2
    mclaren_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Oscar wrote:
    Apparently this is on every Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday one is the busiest and if you want to sell you have to be there about 7am. BTW it is Asda Chessar(sp?) store.

There is also meant to be a car boot sale in the car park of Big W this Saturday.
    aye its at the old slaughter house (or near it) at Chesser Avenue. Asda is on New Mart Road, round the corner from it.

For those who dont know how to get there:

if you drive along Gorgie road and Slateford Road you cant miss it.

Buses that go -
    Direct to the exchange - X25 35
    Slateford Road 4 20 34 35 38 44 44A - before the bridge, take a right and 1st left.

Gorgie Road 1 2 3 3A 25 30 33 38 X25 - when you get off, get off at the royal bank of scotland, then walk up chesser ave, its about a 3 min walk.

Parking i have to say will be a nightmare - but i spose you could use asda carpark ;)
    Never do things tomorow when you can do them today.
  • bellybabe_2
    bellybabe_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    I've never been to it so can't vouch for its being any good, but the Royal British Legion hold one on alternate Sundays from April onwards in Portobello/Duddingston...
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Welcome Bellybabe, the one you mention is not very big but then there are not many about. And bargains are getting hard to find.

sicker
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I went out to Bathgate Market on Saturday for the first time and they have a pretty large car boot section there. I didn't pay a great deal of attention as we didn't have a lot of time but I really liked the atmosphere of the market/car boot as being friendly.

Held on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday hours I think are 10 - 4. Plenty of parking opposite the market in the Iceland/Aldi car park.

If you need any help with your mobile say hello to groover, one of MSE's finest, stall is in the middle with red and white striped canopy. He is there on a Friday and Saturday :D
  • garrydh
    garrydh Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've lived in Edinburgh and been a keen car boot shopper for years but I haven't heard of Bathgate market. Is it easy to find from the train station? I've only been to Bathgate one before.

The car boot sale at Chesser is getting bigger every week at the moment (on Saturdays anyway I don't usually go to the Sunday one) spilling out from it's usual area and taking up much more room. Last week was the biggest I've seen it. One thing to watch out for is that they've just started charging for parking inside the Corn Exchange so you might need to get there early if you want to park on the road nearby.
  • bargainboy
    bargainboy Posts: 235 Forumite
    THE CARBOOT SALE AT THE GREENSIDE CARPARK IN EDINBURGH IS REOPENING THIS SUNDAY THE 08th OCTOBER

My friend found it in the local paper and called the number given and was told that it is starting this weekend. This is excellent news this bootsale was great and i have missed it since it has been gone, not to mention my house is filling up with unwanted clothes and toys just in time to get rid of it before Christmas.:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
    Bargain Boy
    No amount of money is worth more than good health
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Is this the Greenside car park?
  • bargainboy
    bargainboy Posts: 235 Forumite
    oh yes sorry it is GreenSide across the road from the St James's centre at the bottom of the multi storie car park.
    Bargain Boy
    No amount of money is worth more than good health
  • scotgirl2
    scotgirl2 Posts: 257 Forumite
    i guess we all know now lol ;)
    :j HEATHER :¬) :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income