Bi Polar & Dla

Comments

• i am not committing fraud! do you suffer bi-polar? im protecting my family and myself by getting the care i need to keep me and others safe!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    i am not committing fraud! do you suffer bi-polar?

Yes, I receive DLA for it. However, I filled out the forms honestly, describing both my bad and better days, and stating how often each type of day happens.

If you are not committing fraud, then you will have no problem calling the DLA Team on Tuesday and explain to them how you completed the form. They will send you a new form which you can complete honestly.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Many people (including myself) have bad and better days. I'm sure it says (at least on the mobility section) "is there anything else you need to tell us? For example, does your condition vary?"
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • i also filled in new form last wk as notified them of change in med and they sent me change of circumstance form! i also fill in my good and bad days but emphasize tht these vary and noone knows day to day how i will be!im not on this site to argue but to help people! i am not a fraud but most people fill in form as they are tht day and they need to fill it in as they are at thier worst and best! end of day it is variabe and unpredictable as i said b4! on my bad day days i am incapacitated as im sure others are!
  • maybe you dont cycle rapidly like me and can say how you are day to day but i cant.evry1 is different im just teling how it is for me.maybe ur stable inbetween whereas im not!evry1,s different!
  • dmg24
    i also filled in new form last wk as notified them of change in med and they sent me change of circumstance form! i also fill in my good and bad days but emphasize tht these vary and noone knows day to day how i will be!im not on this site to argue but to help people! i am not a fraud but most people fill in form as they are tht day and they need to fill it in as they are at thier worst and best! end of day it is variabe and unpredictable as i said b4! on my bad day days i am incapacitated as im sure others are!

I hope you don't contradict yourself this much on your forms! :rotfl:
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    maybe you dont cycle rapidly like me and can say how you are day to day but i cant.evry1 is different im just teling how it is for me.maybe ur stable inbetween whereas im not!evry1,s different!

Maybe I just don't tell lies!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you have carte/mobility need arising from your bi-polar then i'd say yes put in a claim, i do know people who claim DLA for bipolar.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Could you get DLA for bipolar if you were working full time..?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • i havent contradicted myself if you read back! i wrote vries varies varies as i do! i do not tell lies neither! what have i to lie about! not here to argue but to help people get help their entitled to!noone has right to judge some1 til u,ve walked in their shoes! i get what im entitled to by filling in form honestly! im sure others are entitled to more help than what they get but because of way they fill out form they dont get help they need!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure