IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DEAL court claim received

Comments

• enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2015 at 7:39PM
    very foolish people trying again out being struck out ,

I hope Me Swartzs/swarts , can make an appearance ,

bring it on , I say!
  • Thank you enfield freddy, perhaps I am panicking too early!
    I have just hunted out the letter from the court dated 1st April. It says the claim is struck out. The parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside if they make an application within 7 days with appropriate fee.
    Sorry if this is a silly question - but does this mean DEAL cannot restart the same claim against me as they are out of time? They are using the same claim number in their letter. Could they perhaps start again with a new claim entirely?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2015 at 8:08PM
    They may have challenged the strike out. Though you should have heard from the court.

You could contact the court and enquire.

Otherwise they are "entitled" to start a new case over the same debt - though that would have a new case number
  • enfield_freddy
    I,ve been googling stayed and struck out , as fast as you ,

more input needed by the skilled but the way I read it

struck out and stayed are different , one is the end , one can carry on and re try , trouble is google keeps chucking up answers from the USA

without any feedback from hear , get a free 1/2 hr with a solicitor to advise ,

wonder if they have got that docci showing swarts heratige?

one thing that struck me , coop letter , must be old , as there is a case , 50 coop stave V deal awaiting , if coop say yes to allowing court action , it mucks there cases up proper
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Struck out means it's Monty Python's parrot - dead. If DEAL didn't challenge the strike out within the noted period (7 days?) then they can't resurrect the same claim.
  • enfield_freddy
    rather than contacting cel/deal , is this info (re applied) available from a local court or Northampton , or will it have a different claim number?

bluff or not?

£500 costs, should be fun watching them ask for that
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    If the judge believed you last time, why should he not believe you again? Let them take you to court with their ridiculous claim and counter claim for time, anxiety, stress. If you are not risk averse, employ a solicitor and claim unreasonable behaviour for costs.

This is one of the most discredited PPCs around. If you are prepared to throw a little money at it I am sure that they will blink first.

Google "CEL win in court" and "CEL lose in court", they make interesting reading.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • It was struck out 1st April.

The letter from DEAL is in 3 parts.

1. A letter demanding payment of £250 within 7 days or threat of court action incurring fees above £500.

2. A comprehensive 1st witness statement from Ashley Cohen, outlining the case in detail and citing 3 cases, including Beavis

3. The copy of the solicitor's letter from the Co op to CEL, dated 15th April 2015. It states 'We understand that it has been suggested online and elsewhere that CEL did not have the authority of the Co-operative Group to issue parking charge notices on its car parks.
    We also understand that defences have been filed suggesting..(etc).
    We hereby confirm, on behalf of the Group that CEL had authority to issue PNC's in respect of car parks which were managed on behalf of the Group...
  • enfield_freddy
    I suspect that this is all fake , and that coop letter might prove to be interesting to view ,

with the friction between the coop and cel (creative?)/deal and there ongoing court case that letter would shoot the coop down

goto the parking pranksters blog http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/ look down the right , jan/feb/march , all about deal inc exact copies of your Ashley cole letter , and the fact that the prankster thinks he,s fiddling costs
  • You are right enfield freddy, it is almost identical to the letters shown on Parking Prankster, apart from the Co op letter.

Deal are using the same court claim number on their letter to me, and have made their witness statement look like a court document which it is not (- and it has the wrong court listed),
    I will wait to see what transpires next.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure