IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice For Future Fines - Leased Car

Comments

• Mike172
    Mike172 Posts: 313 Forumite
    That would be nice. I honestly am not baiting them... although if they whitelist my car that would be really great as I absolutely despise private firms now.

I guess you could say I am happy to run the risk in order to save my car's paintwork :) Once they move to IAS, I will move back to my space as I really don't want to deal with that.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
    Won:20
    Lost: 0
    Pending: 0
    Times Ghosted: 15
  • Mike172
    OK!!

NTK received with POPLA code. NTK is the usual template from UKCPM. Very similar to post #46 from this thread as usual:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5059166&page=3

Ill be using template from this thread as before (see 49 and 53):

One thing of note........requests the reduced amount of £60 instead of £100 as I am appealing early here... that matter?

GPEOL is still outlined by them as "Beyond £100" in the NTK. Basically every time it states £100 in the NTK photocopy in the link above changed to £60 rather than £100, aside from their "Beyond £100" GPEOL.

Thanks, ill copy and paste the POPLA appeal in my thread linked above if I am OK to proceed.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    What do you mean ... NtK received with POPLA code? You don't get a POPLA code with an NtK - you get one after appealing an NtK (or NtD).
  • Mike172
    My car is leased and received a windscreen PCN. As the advice in this thread I appealed early to 'hook the PPC my way' else the lease company may have received the fine which they could pay.

In doing so I used the 1st stage appeal to appeal the windscreen notice rather than wait for the NTK (As I have with other tickets). Perhaps NTK is incorrect, I have a letter with a POPLA code which looks exactly the same as the other letters I received after using the first stage appeal against the NTKs I received requesting the higher amount.

I get mixed up with all these acronyms sorry.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    That's OK. What you meant was you have an appeal rejection with a POPLA code. :)

Now you just need to sort out your POPLA appeal to kill this stone dead. And since you're already familiar with this ... got get 'em tiger! :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Mike172 wrote: »
    OK!!

NTK received with POPLA code. NTK is the usual template from UKCPM. Very similar to post #46 from this thread as usual:

Ill be using template from this thread as before (see 49 and 53):

Except that you can't leave point #5 like in that example '5) Non compliant Notice to Keeper - no keeper liability established under POFA 2012' because this time you have not been served with a NTK. If you didn't say who was driving at any point then you should try to emulate this careful timing:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5145051

and say no keeper liability is established because the NTK was completey omitted and it's now past day 56...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mike172
    Yeah forgot to mention about part 5 being removed.

I dont HAVE to wait do I? Rather this was efficient. GPEOL will win so no need to wait IMO. Sure its another nail in the coffin so to speak but id sooner get it over with.

:)

Thanks
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
  • Coupon-mad
    GPEOL wins 99% of the time but...what if they counter it this time? If it were me, I would diarise it to send it with perfect timing (within the POPLA code valid dates) so they will be timed out of the NTK window. IMHO you need the slam dunk winning appeal point as well that there was no NTK served (they cannot beat that appeal point after day 56).

Or submit the POPLA appeal and then when you get the evidence from the PPC, send a quick email of rebuttal to POPLA straight away and also add the gem about 'no NTK served so no keeper liability'.
  • Mike172
    Thanks Coupon. Doubt ill see an evidence pack from UKCPM. Ill have a think and likely try option two depending how confident I feel.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
  • Coupon-mad
    I quite like option 2 as well, if they go to the trouble of an evidence pack trying to rebut the GPEOL argument you can then surprise them with a sucker punch!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure