Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Comments

• Hi, I'm at the final hurdle of clearing hubbies file up, but wanted to check. I have a tti spec acount that on Noodle is under the closed section. However, the default date and account end date are correct but the boxes underneath showing the d's for defaults are showing as defaulted up until January 2016. Does this make any difference?
  • Hi,

First time posting on here but I have an issue with my bankruptcy.

I filed for bankruptcy 1st Feb 2011, was promptly discharged a year later and as far as I was aware everything was ok. This year on the 1st Feb as expected my bankruptcy was removed from my credit reports which I obtained from the 2 main credit reference companies equifax and experian. 3 of the debts included with my bankruptcy are still listed on my report and show as outstanding and with a default status.

They should have gone ages ago, thing is I no longer have the bankruptcy paperwork (moved several times its vanished) and have no idea what the account numbers were for the above 3 debts.

No idea how to go about fixing this now as its past the 6 years point, do the insolvency service keep records after that time?

Thanks in advance.
  • MadMossy wrote: »
    Hi,

First time posting on here but I have an issue with my bankruptcy.

I filed for bankruptcy 1st Feb 2011, was promptly discharged a year later and as far as I was aware everything was ok. This year on the 1st Feb as expected my bankruptcy was removed from my credit reports which I obtained from the 2 main credit reference companies equifax and experian. 3 of the debts included with my bankruptcy are still listed on my report and show as outstanding and with a default status.

They should have gone ages ago, thing is I no longer have the bankruptcy paperwork (moved several times its vanished) and have no idea what the account numbers were for the above 3 debts.

No idea how to go about fixing this now as its past the 6 years point, do the insolvency service keep records after that time?

Thanks in advance.

They do indeed.

If you don't have the order, ask for a letter of discharge from the insolvency service - Email discharge.queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk Provide details of full name, date of birth, current and previous address, national insurance number and court reference number.

The letter will be an attached PDF which you can print or email to former creditors.
  • alltaken wrote: »
    They do indeed.

If you don't have the order, ask for a letter of discharge from the insolvency service - Email discharge.queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk Provide details of full name, date of birth, current and previous address, national insurance number and court reference number.

The letter will be an attached PDF which you can print or email to former creditors.

Thanks, no idea what my bankruptcy reference number was though.
  • alltaken
    alltaken Posts: 452 Forumite
    You likely won't need it.
  • So I have managed to get the information from the insolvency service and thankfully as expected one of the debts has already dropped off after the 6 year period, but I do seem to have an issue with Santander.

I had an account with them that was 0 balance at the time of the bankruptcy and was included, but a default was registered on the account 7 months after my bankruptcy and a month after I was discharged despite me having nothing to do with them anymore.

They are saying they cannot change the default date to that of my bankruptcy and that It has to remain on there until September 2017 when it will become state barred and drop off.

As far as I am aware they cannot do this as the default date should be that of the bankruptcy which would be February 2011.

Am I wrong or are they pulling a fast one.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi, I'm at the final hurdle of clearing hubbies file up, but wanted to check. I have a tti spec acount that on Noodle is under the close section. However, the default date and account end date are correct but the boxes underneath showing the d's for defaults are showing as defaulted up until January 2016. Does this make any difference?

As long as it is marked as satisfied with that date being your discharge date, then yes that is ok.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi
    MadMossy wrote: »
    So I have managed to get the information from the insolvency service and thankfully as expected one of the debts has already dropped off after the 6 year period, but I do seem to have an issue with Santander.

I had an account with them that was 0 balance at the time of the bankruptcy and was included, but a default was registered on the account 7 months after my bankruptcy and a month after I was discharged despite me having nothing to do with them anymore.

They are saying they cannot change the default date to that of my bankruptcy and that It has to remain on there until September 2017 when it will become state barred and drop off.

As far as I am aware they cannot do this as the default date should be that of the bankruptcy which would be February 2011.

Am I wrong or are they pulling a fast one.

If the defaulted debt was one due to an obligation you entered into before the date of your bankruptcy, even if the debt accrued later, then it is a bankruptcy debt and Santander are obliged to backdate the default.

Santander are a bunch of clueless *****s, so you may have to email the ceo@santander.co.uk (I think?) address and threaten taking them to the FOS and ICO to get them to comply.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Hi hoping for some advice.

I was BR Aug 2011. In cleaning up before my 6yr anniversary in the hope of a clean slate.

I have had success with every creditor apart from Barclaycard.

I have sent two letters to them signed for (and I have the proof) including everything they could possibly need to mark the card as settled/satisfied but have had no response at all.

Can someone please advise of the next steps I should take?

Thanks in advance :-)
  • fermi
    Apple08 wrote: »
    Hi hoping for some advice.

I was BR Aug 2011. In cleaning up before my 6yr anniversary in the hope of a clean slate.

I have had success with every creditor apart from Barclaycard.

I have sent two letters to them signed for (and I have the proof) including everything they could possibly need to mark the card as settled/satisfied but have had no response at all.

Can someone please advise of the next steps I should take?

Thanks in advance :-)

What was the 2nd letter? A final warning/reminder to correct it?And more than 8 weeks have passed since your initial letter?

If so, then I would start a complaint via the FOS.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

asking them to write to Barclaycard

and with the ICO as well.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback