Flipping Royal Mail!

Options

Comments

• me1234
    me1234 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The postmen never ring the doorbell, they always just assume no one is in! Has happened to me numerous times when I'm in the house, but never hear the doorbell, and when I go to check the post its always 'we missed you' grrrrrrrrrr
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    me1234 wrote: »
    The postmen never ring the doorbell, they always just assume no one is in! Has happened to me numerous times when I'm in the house, but never hear the doorbell, and when I go to check the post its always 'we missed you' grrrrrrrrrr

Cant fault our postie.

Im never in when they call with a parcel so its left with a neighbour., if I am in I always get the parcel.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    me1234 wrote: »
    I'm in the house, but never hear the doorbell

Get a hearing aid???
  • gazebo
    gazebo Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Or check the doorbell actually works
  • Gravedigger
    Options
    In my local pub there are generally half a dozen or so posties in uniform, and carrying bags which look bulky enough to be containing items. It isn't an occasional thing, it's every day. Makes me wonder, but as they are not my postie who is reasonably good then I let them get on with it.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    In my local pub there are generally half a dozen or so posties in uniform, and carrying bags which look bulky enough to be containing items. It isn't an occasional thing, it's every day.

Now that is truly shocking posties on a break..... whatever next? The cheeky blighters expecting a wage? Holidays?
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Possibly the item is too heavy or bulky to be carried along with the postie's ordinary mail. Not that that's an acceptable excuse for lying, but maybe people should be using couriers for some deliveries rather than the postman.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• fleshandbone
    Options
    Posties can have at least 5 - 9 bags to deliver on a single day, they are dropped off into containers on roads they have to walk.
    I believe they are not meant to carry more than 15kg per bag, but many managers use bully boy tactics to send out posties carrying nearly 30-50kg per bag, so next time you order something heavy online just remember who might be having to carry that to your door and have some respect.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Posties can have at least 5 - 9 bags to deliver on a single day, they are dropped off into containers on roads they have to walk.
    I believe they are not meant to carry more than 15kg per bag, but many managers use bully boy tactics to send out posties carrying nearly 30-50kg per bag, so next time you order something heavy online just remember who might be having to carry that to your door and have some respect.

More likely for a postie to be cutting corners & loading up.
    You describe an old delivery method. Far more deliveries are van based these days.
  • George_Michael
    Options
    but many managers use bully boy tactics to send out posties carrying nearly 30-50kg per bag,
    What size and material are these bags made of that can carry up to 110Lbs of mail without breaking? and apart from the fact that it would be a serious breach of H&S legislation, I doubt very much if there are too many people who would be able to walk around easily with this sort of weight on their shoulders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure