PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

St Bernard's Gate, Hanwell, UB1 UB2

Options

Comments

• Westlondongirl
    Options
    Hey Parisian, my husband and I have purchased a 2 bed flat at St. Bernard's Gatel. We are in the same situation as you, and totally at our wits' end. We were thinking the same as you - if all of us buyers can come together and start putting pressure on Catalyst, then we might be able to get some results. Let's keep this thread fresh, so that anyone searching for anything related to St. Bernard's Gate, can find this thread and connect with us.
  • Westlondongirl
    Options
    Hi Saa, as of now, 3 of us have been able to connect. Let's see if we can connect with more buyers, then we can arrange a meeting and start talking about next steps.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure what more incentive you think the developers need than the prospect of getting your money at completion!
  • CMTHH
    Options
    Hullo all,

Exactly the same position - exchanged in March 2017.

Phoned Chris Holder at Catalyst to-day and was subsequently emailed this:

ear Cain,

Following an extensive review of the current situation at St Bernard’s Gate and your own current circumstances, the Catalyst senior management team have provided the following by way of an update:

“We are writing to make clear why Catalyst has not been able to legally complete the sale of your plot at St Bernard’s Gate and what is being done to expedite the soonest completion date.

A delay in the ratification of a legal agreement around drainage connection for St Bernard’s Gate through an adjoining privately owned site prevents us from giving a clear title declaration to your lender and is the only point holding up completion.

You will be given statutory notice to complete when this legal hurdle is cleared. We anticipate this will happen fairly soon and are unable to provide a definitive date at this point because the delay lies with other parties – therefore outside of Catalyst's control.

In the meantime, we fully recognise and understand the immense strain this puts on you, especially around your present living arrangements and mortgage offer life span. We remain under contract with you and are committed to completing as quickly as possible under the signed terms of contract.

Please contact our Sales Executives or Area Manager via the normal channels and they will answer your queries, we are making every effort to conclude this matter and will provide you with the most up-to-date information when we have it.

Kind regards,

Sales & Marketing Director”

There will be an update communication provided to your solicitor in addition. In the meantime a conclusion to the legal drainage delay and a hard completion date is being sought most urgently.

Kind regards,

Chris Holder
    Area Sales Manager | 0208 832 3212 | 07966489917

Have asked Catalyst to provide full details of the drainage connection issue at each stage of the development - from inception to to-day and also details of why this issue has arisen in the first place and the steps you have taken to rectify this.

Let's see what they come back with...
  • FTB01
    Options
    Hi,

I have also purchased a flat in the St Bernard's Gate development (phase 1) and I'm in a similar situation, with no completion date in the horizon.

Totally agree that we should unite forces and contact together Catalyst in order to find a solution or remedy.

Please, let me know how to contact you privately.
  • CMTHH
    CMTHH Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2017 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Morning all,

I have created a private Facebook group for those of us who have exchanged and are awaiting completion dates - if you'd like to join please PM me your email address and we'll add you - cain@blackwolfcigarclub.com

Also a good way to get to know your new neighbours!

Pip pip,

Cain
  • CMTHH
    Options
    Hullo! We have a fb group for those of us who have exchanged - currently 3 in the group - PM me your email and I'll add you
  • Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies, I was not receiving notifications for this thread so did not see the replies! So good to meet others in the same situation. CMTHH I will email you now!
  • Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ps. Sorry to hear about your situation BR83, that sounds really awful! :(
  • pejmason
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am also in the same boat. Reserved 6 months ago with the promise of an exchange fairly quickly, however this is turning into a longstanding nightmare. It is now three months to the day that Catalyst issued contracts that they expected me to sign on notice, which I have held off doing until a confirmed completion date.
    As it happens, I am one of the three councillors elected to represent the area south of Hanwell station, and am in the council's cabinet. I am trying to be incredibly careful about not crossing ethical lines to get this moving.
    I've been approached by a few people in the area who are buying and are particularly concerned about not meeting the Ealing schools admissions deadline in January, and others who have moved into temporary accommodation because of either having to sell within a chain, or because of tenancies coming to an end.
    I am making some progress getting to the bottom of what is going on, and what more the NHS trusts need to do to progress this. It would be incredibly helpful if I had some more examples of how this is affecting people, as well as linking us all up.
    I'd be very grateful if those on the thread could plug me into the loop and I can update likewise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure