Joined 31.05.16

Comments

• lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    it will be worth it. If it is just for jan, try and think, it's just a month and gives me a chance to catch up on resting, reading books and watching all this great tv (conviction, unforgotten, silent witness, blacklist).

We are mostly staying in for january (until the last weekend) too, partially cash, partially to avoid drinking and partially to rest after a hectic 2016! I think a lot of people are in the same boat in January so hopefully you're not missing much (plus, much better to hibernate in this horrendo month than in say, sunny July!)

xx
    I want to be a writer
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I second Dolly and lulabelle - January is a very depressing month. We are staying in and watching TV and saving. We have quite a busy February with my birthday, a Christening, a leaving meal and 5 nights in London!! So we are lying low

Keep going - you are doing great
  • Thank you lovely ladies so much.

Ive managed in the past few months to add a bit to the debts. I wish this wasnt the case.

Tonight small steps. At home. Dinner made and eaten and lunch done for tommorow. Film on. Dinner with bestie tomorrow. No alcohol.
    Then quiet weekend. Study and sleep. Bring on payday.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Not really debt news but i joined match.com this week. Early indications seem to be that it was a bit of a waste of money. We will see. My friends say it takes time.
    I think January is a funny time for single people over 30. My friend is 38 and he thinks we should be a couple. I think he is affected by the time of year because this is most definately a terrible idea amd would be a classic case of settling.

I am staying in today and then no plans till tuesday, seeing a friend for dinner somewhere cheap.
    Then nothing till saturday.
    So this should be a cheap week in theory. Then looking ahead to payday. Very little social planned for feb.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I sort of met my OH on Match.com, we chatted briefly on there but I dismissed him through he being the same height as me. Our subscriptions both expired. I then bumped into him at the gym we both were members of and we decided to go out.

That was in September 2014. I've done a lot of online dating and found it all very amusing and quite bizzarre. There are some very strange people out there.

Have you done it before? Just don;t take it too seriously and don't believe everything they say. And meet up sooner rather than later.
  • I have tried plenty of fish but i didnt think that was for me. No dates, and everyone seemed quite lonely.

Plus everyone wants to talk on "whatsapp" which i dont even have. but the thought of talking online for hours as oppossed to meeting as you have said just makes me feel a bit cold.

I am not sure its for me. But giving it a go, feel a bit out of my comfort zone which is apparently a good thing.

Congratulations on passing 2 year mark Louby. Thats quite impressive! :T
    And thank you for sharing. I think its easy to forget as singles that non-singles weren't always part of a couple! xx
    I will see how i get on.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Oh good for you, you can only give it a try can't you.

You're right about the not settling part!

Hope you are having a good Sunday.

Dxxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I met my Dh through match.come in 2008! Go for it!!

My debt has gone up too so know how you feel. Xx
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Yep, met my OH on Tinder 25 months ago! I wouldn't necessarily recommend Tinder as it is more of a hook up site (as is POF to some extent) but there ARE some genuine people on there. So I think it is good to use but you need to filter out the idiots.

A mate of mine met her (now husband) on match, and another friend has just met someone on elite singles. They clearly work, there is just a need to keep your guard up until a little ray of sunshine comes along - I met a lot of idiots on there but the law of averages means eventually you should meet a goodun'

Good on you for giving it a go - a lot of people are too scared to try and that's half the battle won x
    I want to be a writer
  • Not very much to report. Struggling on. There seems to be a lot more in the news on debt recently.
    1 week to payday and 10 weeks till there may or may not be a bonus.
    Trying to get sorted.

Need to pay some exam fees, computer virus protection, very payment and feed myself for next week plus family get together at the weekend and eyebrows. It is never ending at the moment.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills