Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• gkor
    gkor Posts: 1 Newbie
    Just wondering if anyone could help me work out whether I am due any compensation.
    My family and I went on holiday to Las Vegas in 2008, stopping off in New York to catch a connecting flight. The flight from JFK to Vegas was cancelled and we had to wait 6 hours to catch another flight.
    The airline we flew with was American Airlines - if it is true that American Airlines is the same as British Airways am I still entitled to compensation?
  • Can you claim for compensation if you booked a package holiday and you were delayed? thanks:T
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pauld74 wrote: »
    Can you claim for compensation if you booked a package holiday and you were delayed? thanks:T
    answer is in the FAQs
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    gkor wrote: »
    if it is true that American Airlines is the same as British Airways am I still entitled to compensation?

American Airlines is a completely different airline to British Airways. They are both part of the oneWorld alliance and have codeshare agreements but are not the same

You had a cancelled flight departing from outside the EU on a non-EU airline so no compensation
  • Hi

We were due to fly out of Manchester to Male in Maldives at 1855 on 16th May 2008, the flight was delayed due to technical problems at the last min.

We were 'held' in no mans land till 11pm that night with £5 voucher, then taken to an airport hotel. the next morning, back to the airport & we took off at 1855 on 17th May - lost full day of our holiday - delayed 24hrs.

I have no tickets/boarding passes etc as was so long ago. All i have is our stamped passports (2 adults).

I think it was Thomson we went with but cant remember, only thought of this since reading in the press that we could make a claim.
    We got £25.00 each from our insurance company when we got back.

How can i find out my flight number etc?

Thanks
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    How can i find out my flight number etc?

All will be revealed by reading the FAQs
  • johannab
    johannab Posts: 87 Forumite
    HI, Can anyone advise me on the response i got from thomsons...

The 3 page response basically claims the 5 hour long haul delay in 2011 was because of compression faults on the aircraft. They claim this was out of their hands as its not something that occurred through poor maintenance and can happen at literally any time.

This to mean sounds like an airline/aircarft fault and I do not see how they can claim its out of their control. Can anyone shed some light ?

thanks
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Post your question in the Thomson thread!!
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone looking for some advice. We flew From Edinburgh to Newark New Jersey on the 23/06/2010. our flight was delayed by 117 minutes, but because of this we missed our connecting flight to Chicago and our connecting flight from Chicago to Lansing MI. We should have arrived in Lansing at 21.38pm on the 23/06/2010 but did not arrive until the following day 24/06/2010 at 13.30pm. When I go into the flight stats web site it asks for the flight numbers I am able to put in the first flight number but when I put in the second number it says there was no flight with that number on that date. Does anyone know if there is another way I can go about checking this out. I would be grateful for any advice.

thank you

Lynda
  • thiru
    thiru Posts: 16 Forumite
    Im just checking and i cant see the answer

we were delayed and SAT on a plane for 6 hours at heathrow last year due to snow with emirates

am i right in thinking you cant claim if weather related

thank you for assistance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport