Tumble Dryers Fire Risk - Hotpoint / Indesit / Creda

n15h
n15h Posts: 205 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 24 November 2015 at 10:38PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Please see: Tumble Dryer Safety Notice

The Indesit company has identified a potential concern with two types of tumble dryers manufactured between April 2004 and September 2015. In some rare cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a risk of fire. The affected brands are:

Hotpoint
Indesit
Creda

Indesit state:
We are activating an extensive consumer outreach and service action plan in order to provide our consumers with products that are updated to higher safety and quality standards. We will arrange a visit from an engineer, free of charge, to modify your appliance. The service call will take approximately one hour. The improvements we believe are necessary will further enhance the safety and quality of your dryer.

You can check if your model is affected via: Check Your Dryer

Be safe. Check if your model is affected!
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared - Buddha

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks.

I checked my model and it is one of those affected, but when I fill in the form I get an error message, grrrr.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I filled in the form and mine is on the faulty list. Am now waiting for someone to contact me to come and fix the fault. My dryer is almost 10 years old and been ok so far.
  • same here.
  • Nicklt
    Nicklt Posts: 319 Forumite
    Mine is one of those effected, after completing form I received an email saying I will be contacted in 5 weeks!
    11K Challenge

5,785/11k :)
  • Thank you for the info. I followed the link on Monday, and received an auto response in my in box.

Just had a phone call to arrange an engineer visit. They wanted to arrange it for next Wednesday (but we have plans that day) so have put it off till the 9th so seems they are on the ball with arrangements, so hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
    I worked as a case clerk for the IS for a number of years. Any views expressed are my own. If your query is urgent, please contact the OR or LTADT dealing with your case directly.
    Always receive expert advice before going bankrupt.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have a Creda, but I don't have a sticker with the model and serial numbers.

Would a list of affected models be better?
  • peachyprice
    Still can't get the form to go through.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have a Creda, but I don't have a sticker with the model and serial numbers.

Would a list of affected models be better?

Is there no plate on the back ?
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just had a phone call. Someone is coming to give me a new tumble dryer and taking away my old one. It is probably because it is about 10 years old and not worth repairing. :beer: I await their phone call:D to say when as mine is wired in and needs an electrician to disconnect it and reconnect the new one.
  • peachyprice
    grunnie wrote: »
    Just had a phone call. Someone is coming to give me a new tumble dryer and taking away my old one. It is probably because it is about 10 years old and not worth repairing. :beer: I await their phone call:D to say when as mine is wired in and needs an electrician to disconnect it and reconnect the new one.

Ooooh, mine is that old too, I wonder if I'll get a new one!
    Mine is an Indesit IC70S, what is yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure