How many stocks and shares isa's per year

I know that you are only allowed to open one cash isa per year, but is there a limit to how many stocks and shares isas.

The reason I ask is I would like to add a small amount to one stocks and shares isa that I hold, the purpose of this money is saving for the children and it is coming out of one of my children's accounts.

I would like to open my own isa to start to save towards paying off the mortgage - note over paying is a bad idea on my current mortgage as the interest rate is so low I'm better investing and then paying off a lump sum further down the road.
There is no intelligent life out there ... ask any goldfish!

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,580 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Exactly the same as cash ISAs, you can only open and pay in to one.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Horlock wrote: »
    I would like to add a small amount to one stocks and shares isa that I hold, the purpose of this money is saving for the children and it is coming out of one of my children's accounts.
    If you haven't already, you can open Junior ISAs for your children and save or invest via them (separately from your own), which is what they're intended for....
  • Horlock
    Horlock Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    eskbanker wrote: »
    If you haven't already, you can open Junior ISAs for your children and save or invest via them (separately from your own), which is what they're intended for....

Thanks but not interested. No offence to my kids but I'll keep their money in my name. I was in the bank the other day listening to a parent requesting to withdraw the money they had saved for their just turned 18 year old - account had now defaulted to the young adult - parent has no right to the money at all.

Obviously I would like to think that my children will be fine responsible mature wise with money sense when they reach 18. But there is still a chance they will take after their mother:rotfl:
    There is no intelligent life out there ... ask any goldfish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure