When are you a grown up?

167891012»

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mr_Toad wrote: »
    My girlfriend hates it when I go shopping with her because I can't resist the kitchen timers. :rotfl:

It has to be done, the more the better. I always set one at five minutes then one a minute for as many timers as I can get my hands on.

I used to say nothing and then they'd start going off and I'd get the 'look'. Now I go and find her and tell her "you've got four and a half minutes until the timers start :)"

On the upside I never have to go to Ikea anymore.

They have pallets full of the things and I have to start at ten minutes to give myself time to do loads before they start going off! Last time I was there with her I was gone ages and she came to find me, by then I'd set over 40 of them :T

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think you can get therapy for that, Mr. Toad. :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Oh it doesn't end there.

Toys, action figures and furry animals in particular are great. Nothing like putting them in compromising positions having a bit of rumpy pumpy :)

Then there's the Lego minifigs. I once removed the heads and or arms and legs from several and left them scattered about the feet of Samurai figure like this one

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Samurai_(Minifigures)

Someone once said that getting old was compulsory but growing up was optional.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Peter333
    Peter333 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Mr_Toad wrote: »
    Oh it doesn't end there.

Toys, action figures and furry animals in particular are great. Nothing like putting them in compromising positions having a bit of rumpy pumpy :)

Then there's the Lego minifigs. I once removed the heads and or arms and legs from several and left them scattered about the feet of Samurai figure like this one

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Samurai_(Minifigures)

Someone once said that getting old was compulsory but growing up was optional.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Rumpy pumpy??? Haven't heard that expression since the 1990s. :D
    Mr toad

I did that in magaluf a long time ago but with those parrots that repeat back everything they hear. Must have had about 20 or so going all at once and when the first one hears something it says it back and that causes a chain reaction to the rest as the first one goes of again.....until they get turned off or the batteries die.

BANNED FROM SHOP lol

NAUGHTY! :naughty:

:D
    Happier_Me wrote: »
    No grandchildren won't stop me doing all these things, but I think its much more fun when you share experiences with...err, other like minded people:)

I have a new grandchild now, :D I can't wait to show her all the lovely things like safari parks and zoos etc, when she is a bit older. :)
    You didn't, did you? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • I like going in b n q where they have those brass plates with a the individual letters and numbers hung up. Left some very rude phrases up..

But I can still go in there.
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    When I was 25 I cried. Now at 54 I seek out expandable waist band trousers. BHS is now shut don't know what the future holds. Still like going to gigs.
  • Who cares when you're a grown up.
    As long as you are happy with your life at any given time that's the main thing.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Peter333 wrote: »
    I have a new grandchild now, :D I can't wait to show her all the lovely things like safari parks and zoos etc, when she is a bit older. :)

I like introducing children to unsuitable music, horror films and challenging books. I am very popular! I think every child should have an adult in their life to lead them astray! The worst trouble I got into was for showing a crafty young lad how to cross stitch. His dad was furious.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I like going in b n q where they have those brass plates with a the individual letters and numbers hung up. Left some very rude phrases up..

But I can still go in there.

I like your style! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport