Changes to Bannantynes

bambammy
bambammy Posts: 393 Forumite
edited 7 March 2015 at 1:28PM in Sports & fitness MoneySaving
I am livid.

Went to this gym for years. During the day, It use to be £40.00 including a towel. Several years ago, they changed it to £45.00.

If I signed in my husband/daughters, depending on who served me, I would be charged either £7.00 or £10.00, no charges for their towels. That's changed!

New charges to sign someone in. I have to go to use a computer and my credit card details/pin number , in full view of anyone sitting within the vicinity. At the cost of £12.00 per person, and £2.50 for each towel.

If I don't want to use the computer for obvious reasons, it will cost me £17.00 per person. £2.50 per towel.
bam bam bammy Shore by The Revellers...do do de de do.

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Vote with your feet! They do this sort of thing because they get away with it.
  • Seems very expensive compared to other gymns.
  • I can't invest in you. I don't like you, nor your family, nor your friends, so I declare myself Out!
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • I can't invest in you. I don't like you, nor your family, nor your friends, so I declare myself Out!

That so made me smile :)
    Do you have a fitness blog? Would you like free 'branded' sports nutrition products to review? If so then PM me for details...
  • parking_question_chap
    parking_question_chap Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 April 2015 at 6:44PM
    I am a member of one of these and fully support the price for guests. I used to be at a club that charged £5 for a guest and always did "open weekends". It was fully of guest people monging around getting in the way of people trying to train, leaving sauna and steam room doors open and generally being a nuisance.

If you want to go to the gym with someone then get them to join, or go to the local authority faclities.

If you are not happy with the terms then leave, personally I joined Bannatynes because they do not constantly flood the premisis with freebee hunters.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    At £2.50 a pop surely you could stretch to bringing your own towel?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure