Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• So ive received a voucher from thomas cook for a flight delay but i dont want a voucher, i want a cheque/cash.
    Ive written twice now and heard nothing!

I cant get a phone number for their branch in bradford where the correspondence has come from so what next......
    Cheers
  • Gorbar
    Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    Our court hearing as been set for 5th November, 2 hours allowed. Getting nervous
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gorbar wrote: »
    Our court hearing as been set for 5th November, 2 hours allowed. Getting nervous

It is fine to be nervous. But it is even better to be prepared ...
    My hearing is on 1 October: and I'm really looking forward to finally bringing this matter to a (hopefully satisfactory) conclusion.
  • Ju499 wrote: »
    Ive been following these threads since having a 33 hour delay manchester to las vegas in nov. Had the same fob off everyone else has, and issued proceedings. Thomas Cook have filed a defence, they say extraordinary circs due to 'the aircraft suffered an engine stall at 33,000 feet whilst operating a flight the day before between man and cuba. The aircraft performed an airborne return to enable troubleshooting to take place...........delay was therefore extraordinary circs, and also delay compounded further by an ignition problem which is a extraordinary circ, and issues with local immigration officials which is entirely outside the defendants control.
    They seem to be saying that as the flight the day before ours had a problem, we had the 'knock on' effect so tough to us.

Any help would be appreciated, they also quote Graham and Anor v Thomas cook 2012 EWCA Civ 1355 that i have yet to find. Ive got to fill in my forms for a hearing now.

Anyone else had anything like this???

Thanks

Ju

Hi Ju i will PM you
  • Gorbar
    Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    Vauban wrote: »
    It is fine to be nervous. But it is even better to be prepared ...
    My hearing is on 1 October: and I'm really looking forward to finally bringing this matter to a (hopefully satisfactory) conclusion.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Good luck you deserve it after all the useful advice you have given. We are using a NWNF. If T Crook hadn't told so many lies I would probably have let it go,at least in Court they will be under oath . They should be hung, drawn & slaughtered for all the trouble they have caused.
  • Hello, I am new, this is my first post so please accept my apology if incorrect...
    We booked a package holiday with Thomas cook Sat 10th Aug, 2013. leaving Manchester to Majorca 19/9/2013 14.30.
    i received a text saying unforeseen circumstances that it would now be leaving 23.00 arriving 02.40, rather that the original arrival of 18.10. (gutted as we hate late night flights and loose a day of holiday)
    I rang Manchester to confirm the delay they said I would have to speak to Thomas Cook, My question is is this a case for claiming. very down customer, Thomas Cook this will be the second time you have let us down, not great. Thank you for any reply.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dawny1 wrote: »
    We booked a package holiday with Thomas cook Sat 10th Aug, 2013. leaving Manchester to Majorca 19/9/2013 14.30.
    i received a text saying unforeseen circumstances that it would now be leaving 23.00 arriving 02.40, rather that the original arrival of 18.10.

Date when you received text please.
  • Vauban, thankyou for your response, although still lots of time, preparation of the Court bundle begins this weekend!
    Good luck with your forthcoming hearing..
  • Hi,I emailed a claim last week regarding a 2008 delay.
    Got a bog standard reply back.Phoned them up with my case
    Number they created for me,the guy asked me for my booking
    Reference ,wich don't have,he then said I couldn't make a claim
    Without this.....anyone help??
  • Charlie.k wrote: »
    Hi,I emailed a claim last week regarding a 2008 delay.
    Got a bog standard reply back.Phoned them up with my case
    Number they created for me,the guy asked me for my booking
    Reference ,wich don't have,he then said I couldn't make a claim
    Without this.....anyone help??

Can't help with your booking ref, just wondered where was your delay and how long?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure