do you know you can buy gold bullion for £20 upwards from royal mint?

Options
The gold is protected by the ministry of defence and held securely in the royal mint in wales. you can buy amounts from 20 uk pounds only and GET THIS it is VAT FREE as far as I can tell. Please check details and get appropriate advice before buying but gold is commonly used in times of upset when shares may be volatile. there are no guaranteees so don't buy what you cannot afford to lose. there is no investment without risks so it is up to you.

:money:

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All investment gold bullion is VAT free
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, but how many tins of beans/shotgun shells will i get for my £20 of AU?
  • Elijah_Bailey
    Options
    Please do not forget to mention that management fees are charged at 0.5% + VAT per annum.
  • jamei305
    jamei305 Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More importantly, how will you convince the mint to let you in to grab your bars when they're busy fighting off hordes of zombies?
  • TrustyOven
    TrustyOven Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only Gold worth buying, in my opinion :D :P
    Gives you all the energy you need for the future zombie apocalypse.

71990-02_1.jpg
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    kdwood001 wrote: »
    The gold is protected by the ministry of defence and held securely in the royal mint in wales.
    The MOD police stopped providing security last year. It's now looked after by G4S.
  • TW1234
    TW1234 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The MOD police stopped providing security last year. It's now looked after by G4S.

That's reassuring; definately makes gold a safe investment!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't invest in gold, but have read several articles asserting that the Royal Mint is an expensive way to purchase gold. It's all well and good being able to buy 'from £20', but if that transaction is for a high percentage above spot price (which it probably will be at those low values), you'd be better off keeping your money in a savings account (or a S&S ISA where the provider allows low monthly payments).
  • Carrieanne
    Carrieanne Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    2018 is not far off. Will the Red Shield clan owned The Economist Magazine be proved right or wrong with its September 1988 front-cover story prediction? Fans of pretty but intrinsically worthless fiat paper had better hope for the latter because, as the image illustrates, as its precursor the US dollar and derivatives of it would be reduced to ashes.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    Options
    Carrieanne wrote: »
    Fans of pretty but intrinsically worthless fiat paper

you use that phrase as if it is saying something significant about credit-based money issued by sovereign governments. but everything is intrinsically worthless - i.e. it only has value because people value it.

presumably when this particular wild prediction doesn't pan out, you'll be along with another 1 ... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure