PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Softstuff wrote: »
    She did write a really good car chase though. Led me to think she should have stuck with a different kind of action.

I had a look at the kama sutra some years ago. Like yoga with knobs on. Ahem.

Ah my "Read Fu" obviously gave up before the car chase! (actually I think my Read Fu gave up about 4 pages in! :eek:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Ah my "Read Fu" obviously gave up before the car chase! (actually I think my Read Fu gave up about 4 pages in! :eek:)
    I read all the books. I'm a ridiculously fast reader and they didn't take more than a few hours each. I kept going half with the mindset of wondering why they sold so well and half wondering if it would get better. It didn't. I almost wish I could delete it from my library reading history.

Now, if Charlie Hunnam had been in the film, I would have seen it by now. But then, he could just paint a wall and it would be erotic.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I read the first one and half the second but couldn't get any further.
    I received a letter yesterday from the CSA as was, my ex is re-opening the case against me. Our youngest son is nearly 30, does his idiocy know no bounds!
    He didn't have the kids after I left, what he did have was the family allowance book. I think I'll just keep my head down and hope they can't find me when I move.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    HH - How would that work then? Surely it's him that was in the wrong? Beggars belief.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2016 at 8:04AM
    I read the first one and half the second but couldn't get any further.
    I received a letter yesterday from the CSA as was, my ex is re-opening the case against me. Our youngest son is nearly 30, does his idiocy know no bounds!
    He didn't have the kids after I left, what he did have was the family allowance book. I think I'll just keep my head down and hope they can't find me when I move.

Hester,

I'm afraid that is most unlikely to work - ie the not being able to find you after moving.

Government Departments have a distinct tendency to "swop notes" with each other. If one has your details - then any other one can get them too (and probably will). Think you're State Pension age? - then the DWP has to have your details to pay you this.

I get your frustration on this - and it is ridiculous for him to be chasing you like this for more money - so hope it works out for you.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hester: Screeeeeeech!!!! The CSA, or whatever they are called now, are a law unto themselves. They seem to be able to do what they like and are accountable to no one. I won't bore you with the details but DS1 is still battling with them and his only child is 20 and for the last two years has been earning more than her father. They take money from his bank account but when questioned refuse to state the reason. At one stage they said it was to cover arrears but cant, or won't, tell him when these arrears were supposed to have built up.

Must rush, I'm late already.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Wondering what the Freedom of Information Act would do re recalcitrant government departments refusing to give out info?
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Wondering what the Freedom of Information Act would do re recalcitrant government departments refusing to give out info?

Probably use an exemption, most likely S(2) 36 - "prejudice to effective conduct of public affairs"
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hester

How do you feel about reporting a fraud?

He should not be able to get away with fraudulantly claiming for children for years when they were living with you.

I am sure you would rather let sleeping dogs lie (even if they are and were rabid.) but you need to protect yourself.

To me it sounds like harassment or else he has gone completely demented. The very best of luck.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    elona wrote: »
    Hester

How do you feel about reporting a fraud?

He should not be able to get away with fraudulantly claiming for children for years when they were living with you...

I was able to do this when my ex told the CSA he was paying the mortgage & all bills on his own...he didn't realise that his solicitor had confirmed his living & financial arrangements with mine, so I was able to update the CSA with his joint mortgage, shared bills and employers details. Coincidentally I received a four-figure cheque for back-payments about 4 weeks later :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills