Entry Number C1 | Account Updated to 10/05/2009
Name - Poorcouple
Address - Poorcouples address
Date of Birth - Poorcouples DOB
Account type - Electricity
Started - 15/01/2007
Default Date - 17/08/2007
Default Balance £27

Can I expect these 2 defaults to come off my account in July/August this year, or should I be concerned about the line that reads Account Updated to: 07/12/2008 and 10/05/2009?

Many thanks,

Poorcouple

P.s, I dont know where I would be without the valuable help and guidance this forum offers. You're all a credit to yourselves and humanity!!

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    They will come off 6 years from the default date, no matter what. The "updated" date has no effect on that.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Poorcouple
    Poorcouple Posts: 45 Forumite
    fermi wrote: »
    They will come off 6 years from the default date, no matter what. The "updated" date has no effect on that.

Does that mean its a waste of time me calling them to investigate? Should I just wait until July/august and it'll be off my account?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I presume from that you don't recognise the defaults/debts? And you are not being chased for them?

If so, then your call really. They will come off your report no matter what you do.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Poorcouple
    Poorcouple Posts: 45 Forumite
    I was already on the phone to them for an hour getting NOWHERE... I've given up. Will check my report on 14/07 and see if its off.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Poorcouple wrote: »
    I was already on the phone to them for an hour getting NOWHERE... I've given up. Will check my report on 14/07 and see if its off.

Your experian report and noddle report should no longer show the record or the account or the default by the 14/07. But your equifax report will show it for a couple of weeks more. So if you a re using equifax to check you might want to wait a bit longer until you do your check.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family