Will i ever be rid of Scottish Power?

2»

Comments

• PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    seanwebb68 wrote: »
    As for the question to you in my last post are you able to answer that?

I didn't answer it as I can't see how giving a response to a hypothetical question is going to assist you now, sorry.

The situation appears to be that you have agreed to a proposed resolution by the ombudsman service in full and final settlement of the dispute you have with the supplier over this issue.

As you have now agreed that full and final settlement resolution, that is the only resolution you can expect.

As I previously said, if the supplier has failed to comply with the ombudsman's ruling (as it would now be) then follow the advice the ombudmsn service proviuded you with in the rare occassions this occurs.

There really is no point even considering going to court now. The supplier will simply use the defence that you agreed to a full and final settlement of the dispute. You will not get any further in court over this dispute. The resolution has been agreed by you alread, and the supplier will use this against any claim if you attempt to take the matter to court.
  • I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

All that was agreed with the osbudsman and us was for Scottish power to give a full breakdown of where the money was owed. As neither us or the osbudsman believed it was possible whilst being on a prepaid meter.

This was never done by Scottish power and we didn't chase at the time as they then decided we didn't owe any money.

However since then they have sent out different outstanding bills for the same period and depends on who you speak to at Scottish power you will get anything from you owe x to you owe y and this can even be on the same day.

Do you advise people on situations like this for a career or are you talking from person experience? The only reason I ask is because we have had a lot of other people now getting involved in this and they believe Scottish power doesn't have a clue what there doing and we have a case to argue this due to the inconsistency in information provided by Scottish power.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2017 at 1:02PM
    I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

All that was agreed with the osbudsman and us was for Scottish power to give a full breakdown of where the money was owed. As neither us or the osbudsman believed it was possible whilst being on a prepaid meter.

This was never done by Scottish power and we didn't chase at the time as they then decided we didn't owe any money.

However since then they have sent out different outstanding bills for the same period and depends on who you speak to at Scottish power you will get anything from you owe x to you owe y and this can even be on the same day.

Do you advise people on situations like this for a career or are you talking from person experience? The only reason I ask is because we have had a lot of other people now getting involved in this and they believe Scottish power doesn't have a clue what there doing and we have a case to argue this due to the inconsistency in information provided by Scottish power.

If you have already sought professional advice on this matter from a number of sources, then I'm not sure what you hope to glean from asking the same again on an internet forum where any anonymous users can post. :huh:

Allow me to remind you what you have previously posted
    If we had put everything that had happened from start to finish in the first post it would have taken up about 6+ sheets of A4 paper as watchdog found out when we sent them all the information.

I understand how the osbudsman works now, I didn't before contacting them.

As you have stated we both had to agree to a resolution we agreed in the time frame the ombudsman set out however Scottish power failed to do so and took another two weeks to agree.

We did question why we never got a break down of what was owed and the osbudsman did chase this to start with but as Scottish power advise them there was no outstanding balance it was agreed that it wasn't needed anymore.

After getting another bill and finally going back to the ombudsman they advised that as the case had been closed all we could do was start another case which mean starting the whole 8 week process again as you have stated above.

Not that I will be sharing them here but if this does ever go as far as court we do have a lot of the calls made between us Scottish power and us and the ombudsman record. For legal reason we did advised them this was happening at the beginning of each call.

I appreciate your trying to help but I feel we are going around in circles at the minute.

As for the question to you in my last post are you able to answer that?
    (my highlighting)
  • Well I was posting to see if anyone else had experienced similar issues and to see what avenue they pursued.

Thanks for your help and time however I believe we are going around In circle.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well I was posting to see if anyone else had experienced similar issues and to see what avenue they pursued.

I haven't, but

1. write to the ombudsman and inform them you believe the case was closed in error as the supplier has not implemented the remedy & ask to put in writing why they closed the case.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/jan/29/scottish-power-complain-ombudsman-ruling-uphold

“Whilst it is disappointing when a remedy is not implemented within the set timescales, it is important that complainants know that we never close a case until the remedy is enforced, and we will always continue to work with the company involved, and the consumer, to enforce the agreed resolution.”

2. write to scottish power and tell them you want to complain that the remedy has not been implemented and that they are still demanding money incorrectly and ask them to explain why.

3. contact the guardian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport