employment tribunal

Options
2»

Comments

• mynameistallulah
    Options
    From August 2011 until April 2012, as it is a sex discrimination case because I believe the reason I was made redundant was due to my pregnancy then I can still make a claim against them.

I advised them I was pregnant on 17th February 2012, the following day I was given a letter asking me to attend a six month review on the 23rd February 2012 (this hadn't been mentioned previously), during the six month review it was decided that my probabtionary period would be extended due to the standard of my work (there had never been any complaints with the standard before i advised them I was pregnant) The instance which they used as their reasoning for extending my probationary period was because I used the same photograph in a draft brochure twice! Not really a major issue in my opinion, I am well aware of the mistakes made by other members of staff which have caused a lot of problems and they were never treated in the same manner.

You are correct, but proving it is a different matter. If CAB are too busy to help, you may have a local Law Centre that can help, or if your local university has a law department they may offer an advice service also.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    I think you may have a long uphill struggle on this, and will find it really hard to prove. Employment tribunal cases are really stressful, if I were you I would leave it. You need to concentrate on your impending little one, and getting stressed with all of this probably won't be good for either of you. To give you an idea of this, I took a former employer to a tribunal with a slam dunk case - ACAS had told him that he had no defence at all. However he didn't give in until the day before the tribunal date! I can't tell you how stressful it was!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure