HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Kelly.swindon
    Options
    I have used Hatton Garden Metals now twice over the last couple of weeks and I have been delighted with how reliable, fair and quick they were for both transactions. Would and have recommended this company.
  • learning_to_drive
    Options
    Nice that so many happy punters are registering and using their first post to tell us about how great Hatton metals are...
  • I sent some odd bits of jewellery, like wedding rings and broken chains, odd earrings of yesterday afternoon. Recorded delivery cost £5.05, but must be used when sending jewellery.

I was quoted about £74 on the website for 8 g. Less than 24 hrs later I received a remittance advice for £75.01.

I am very pleased with this fast, efficient service and would highly recommend.
  • ledster
    Options
    Did a bit of research on this and Hatton Gardens were the only ones offering spot price. I was a little bit wary about posting ~£2400 worth of gold to someone that I'd never dealt with before but the tracking element of the website worked well and I could see that my coins had been processed by 9:30am the next day. I checked my bank account at lunch time and the money had gone in. I've got 2 Krugerrands still to sell and if gold keeps rising I'll definitely use Hatton Gardens again as long as they're competitive on price. A very efficient service.
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When did you use it 07/09/2010
    What did you send it 07/09/2010
    How much did it promise you £270
    How much did it deliver £266.27
    How efficient was the service brilliant
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason I assumed it was 29.5g in fact 28.4g
    Anything else other people should know
    After doing a bit of research and trying 5 different shops the cheapest offer was £170 the best offer was £230 , I cautiously took the plunge and sent off my gold on Tuesday around 2 pm.
    At 12.10 pm today I received an e-mail to say the gold has been verified and the payment has been made. After checking my bank account 10 minutes later and finding the said amount I had no hesitation in telling my family and friends about this service which pays more than any other place I could find (and without trawling around the shops too!) and also tells you what you are likely to receive.
    One tip I would give is to spend a fiver on e-bay and purchase some jewellers digital scales so you can have an idea of the weight before submitting the gold. (That's what I've done before I find my next batch!!!)
    P.S as you can see from my number of posts I'n not a newbie and this feedback comment is genuine.
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2010 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Nice that so many happy punters are registering and using their first post to tell us about how great Hatton metals are...

As said before If you use their service they then provide you with a link to post a comment,good or bad, that's why there are so many new members on this thread. I've used it and as far as I'm concerned it's %100 OK. Stop being so cynical and take the plunge , who knows you might have a fortune just lying around in drawers!!!
  • spike87
    spike87 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent my gold on the 8th September 2010, got an email today (9th Sep) that my gold has been accepted and the cheque is in the post.

This is by far the best gold company I have dealt with. I sent the same piece of gold to 3 companies before this one and got offered around £12 each time. Hatton Garden are now sending a cheque for £59.

Absolutely fantastic service. I would highly recommend them.
  • FBW
    Options
    We used this company to sell a ring but unfortunately did not have a good experience with them.
    The ring was sent off and nothing was heard for several days. We checked our registration number on their website and it just said 'cancelled'.
    The next day we had to phone to enquire about the ring and were told it was not gold. On making a special trip to retrieve the ring we were given it back in pieces.
    There are simple chemical tests to determine the presence of gold and we felt it was completely unecessary to destroy the ring.
    We would have liked to have had the opportunity to have the ring back in one piece and try somewhere else for a second opinion or to simply sell it as an intact piece of non-gold jewellery.
    We would not recommend them.
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    I hold no brief for HGM but I did see a story on their web site about Indian bangles that turned out to have a copper/brass core.
    What made you think the ring contained at least 9 ct gold?
    Was it plated?
  • hthththt
    Options
    • When did you use it - Sep 3rd 2010
    • What did you send it - KrugerRand
    • How much did it promise you - N/A
    • How much did it deliver - £812.38
    • How efficient was the service - 100%
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - N/A
    • Anything else other people should know - Proceeds in bank same day of sale
    Site quotes price for KrugerRands as the first gold fix of the day following receipt of coin(s) - That's exactly what I received. Very pleased with smoothness of entire transaction.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback