New Year, New Diary

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh Dotty we go to Aldi at 10am every Sunday , best time to go. Not today though as been away !

Well done with everything so far .
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    dottydebts wrote: »
    I will be annoyed when I have to open it to change all my pound coins into the new ones though! :mad:

:eek:
    I never thought of that. Maybe I need to be saving 50ps instead. I don't want to have to open mine either.
    (runs off to get thinking cap on) :D

M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • dottydebts
    dottydebts Posts: 89 Forumite
    I know! Fortunately my sealed pot is a cheap one from b&m so it's not too much of a disaster but will still be an annoying task taking them all to the bank :rotfl:

Monday today, and originally planned to be a NSD but I am meeting some friends after work. We will probably go for some food, so I'm budgeting myself £10 from my eating out budget. I also still haven't put petrol in. This isn't really a big deal as I have half a tank but I like to keep it topped up!

Other than that, not much to report. I'm hoping to pay a little bit more off my debt, even if it's only a few pounds before I update my sig on the 18th so need to try and be as MSE as possible during that time :money:
  • motivated

Monday today, and originally planned to be a NSD but I am meeting some friends after work. We will probably go for some food, so I'm budgeting myself £10 from my eating out budget.

Great plan and very :money:

Enjoy a nice catch up and enjoy your meal
    M
  • dottydebts
    Came in under budget yesterday, spending £5.80 on a meal and £1.39 on a drink for a grand total of £7.19. I also spend 99p on a drink at work as a bit of a Monday pick me up!

Today has been a NSD and I am feeling pretty good! Work until 4pm, and then hit the gym for an aerobics class which always makes me feel better about life. I almost ruined the fantastic feeling by weighing myself this evening, but I have actually stayed the same weight as I was before I 'fell of the wagon' so I'm hoping to see a bit of a loss over the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday should all be NSDs in theory, but I still haven't filled up with petrol so may end up needing to do that at some point. Hopefully I can last until the weekend to keep my train of NSDs running!
  • motivated
    Hi dotty
    I am trying to shift 2 stone :eek: I am constantly falling of the wagon but this time I think the wheels actually fell off :rotfl:

Been following slimming world (again). I had a subscription online and did really well with it but it wasn't very :money: I actually lost 141b and hey ho slowly it creeps back on :(. so have cancelled my subscription and am cooking from the cookbooks I bought over time. I think I more or less have the gist of what I can have and what I have to limit.

The nice weather is approaching and it makes me determined to stick to it.

Good luck with the NSDs
    M
  • dottydebts
    I was actually going to join slimming world earlier this year, but decided there just wasn't room in the budget for it. Instead I have joined a gym, and I have a step tracker that counts steps, tells you how many calories you've burnt etc so I just try and eat within that range and make 'healthier choices'. It all sounds so simple but I still can't stick to it!
  • dottydebts
    Sunday again, after a slightly spendier week than I wanted. My own fault for being unorganised and not making lunches for work, but nothing disastrous.

Sunday is always an expensive day, as it's my food shopping day.
    £16.24 in Mr A
    £12.99 in B&M
    £30.64 petrol

I'm hoping not spend anymore over the next week so my weekly spend shouldn't have to go up anymore! £150 in the budget until payday and I really don't want to go over!!
  • Post your SOA here with interest rates on credit. I'm sure we can tell you the right direction to go for. Good luck on your journey, sounds like you had your light-bulb-moment (LBM) at a good point - and yours is pretty do-able as long as you are willing to give up treats for a while :)
  • motivated
    I was actually going to join slimming world earlier this year, but decided there just wasn't room in the budget for it. Instead I have joined a gym, and I have a step tracker that counts steps, tells you how many calories you've burnt etc so I just try and eat within that range and make 'healthier choices'. It all sounds so simple but I still can't stick to it!

Hi dotty you can google slimming world recipes and there are lots of easy, delicious ones too.
    Says me that's been a little picky this week and not stuck to it properly :o

Good luck with the gym
    M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills